NBC Universal Bureau Chief & Multimedia Journalist in Tucson, Arizona
Job Number 34326BR
Job Title Bureau Chief & Multimedia Journalist
Business Segment Owned Stations & Affiliate Relations
Sub-Business NBCUOTS - TLM SW Region
Posting Category TV Content & Production
About Us NBCUniversal Owned Television Stations is the division of NBCUniversal that includes 29 NBC and Telemundo local television stations, a regional news network and their associated websites and digital platforms, as well as a group of out-of-home properties, a production company, an in-house marketing and promotions company and two national multicast networks, COZI TV and TeleXitos. The local stations, which can be viewed in 37 percent of U.S. homes and in Puerto Rico, produce and deliver their local communities compelling and unique local news, real-time weather forecasts, consumer and investigative reports and entertainment programming across all platforms to help keep their English and Spanish-speaking audiences informed anytime and anywhere.
Telemundo Station Group, part of the NBCUniversal Owned Television Stations division of NBCUniversal, is comprised of 17 local television stations in the U.S. and Puerto Rico. Producing and broadcasting more than 7,000 hours of unique and relevant local content each year, including award-winning news, public affairs, and entertainment programming, Telemundo Station Group serves Spanish-speaking viewers in the metropolitan areas of Los Angeles, New York, Miami-Fort Lauderdale, Houston, Dallas-Fort Worth, Chicago, San Antonio, San Francisco, Phoenix, Harlingen, Fresno, Denver, Philadelphia, Las Vegas, Boston, Tucson and Puerto Rico. In addition, Telemundo Station Group operates TeleXitos, the national multicast network that offers viewers popular action and adventure television series and feature films in Spanish. The group also provides support to 53 Telemundo affiliates across the country and manages dedicated local websites and applications, as well as a robust digital out-of-home operation.
Career Level Experienced
Country United States
Telemundo Arizona is currently looking for an individual with a comprehensive understanding of television news production, with an outstanding writing and verbal communications skills. Individual must also have knowledge of the Edius editing system, and camera operation.
• Journalist is responsible for news coverage of Tucson and its surrounding cities and counties.
• This individual will be responsible for shooting, writing and editing daily stories, as well as gather material to contribute building the rundown.
• Individual will also be responsible to assist in the production of the live broadcast.
• Responsibilities also include keeping up to date on current events and news in our state.
• Video Journalist will be expected to participate in community events and station activities from time to time as master of ceremonies and/or Host as requested by the station.
• Minimum 2 years of experience working in Spanish market broadcast television
• Be informed on news events locally and nationally.
• Develop and maintain a network of contacts providing access to exclusive stories.
• Assist producer in establishing sources, finding and executing enterprise news investigations, building and maintaining strong list of story ideas.
• Ability to ad-lib and improvise effortlessly in various types of on air situations.
• Must work well under pressure with an ability to meet deadlines
Bilingual (English/Spanish) required both written and verbal.
• A high level of skill and mastery of the Spanish language is essential.
• Candidate must work effectively with other in a team oriented environment.
• Independent problem solving & multi-tasking.
• Minimum of 2 years of experience as a photojournalist
BS/BA in journalism/ Communications.
• Must have strong Spanish writing & verbal skills.
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule in a 24/7 news environment in addition to standard hours.
• Must be willing to work in Tucson location.
• The position requires traveling.
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV online to considered at nbcunicareers.com
We are an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. Clickto view the NBCUniversal Candidate Privacy Statement.