NBC Universal Architectural Designer in Universal City, California
Job Number 35343BR
Job Title Architectural Designer
Business Segment Parks & Resorts
Sub-Business USH Creative
Posting Category Theme Parks
About Us Universal Studios Hollywood is the Entertainment Capital of L.A. featuring a movie-based theme park and Studio Tour, and bridged by Universal CityWalk, a dynamic entertainment, shopping and dining complex. Universal Studios Hollywood is an industry leader due to its impressive talent base of highly creative professionals who inspire and produce compelling entertainment and innovative attractions that immerse guests in an authentic Hollywood experience. Universal Studios Hollywood’s team of professionals enjoys a unique culture where fun, hard work and high-quality results are priority, resulting in an employee base that is proud to work here. NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. The company offers equally unique opportunities for employees to expand their careers within Universal Studios Hollywood, Universal Parks & Resorts, and the broader NBCUniversal family. It’s a big universe, where do you fit in?
Career Level Experienced
Country United States
City Universal City
We are looking for a self-motivated, organized, team player with good communication skills and a positive attitude who will work under the direction of an in-house Architect and assist Project Managers in the creation of 2D documentation drawings, details and sketches for field reports, investigations, and construction projects using current versions of ACAD and Sketch Up software.
• Under minimal supervision provide floor plans, elevations, sections, details, concepts, sketches, and other CAD drawings from existing documents, and/or field measurements and photos.
• Create or change design documents from other project team members.
• Work under the direction of an Architect. Work directly with other staff.
• Analyze building codes and other technical documents to produce accurate building envelope drawings for new or renovated small structures, restrooms and kiosks.
• Visit job sites to compile measurements as necessary.
• Two year associate’s degree (minimum) in Architecture or 5-10 years of relevant experience. Bachelor’s degree from a four year college or university in Architecture, Engineering, or a related field preferred.
• Experience with applicable IBC Codes, regulations, field work, building and construction types required.
• Knowledge of construction detailing with emphasis on design-build delivery and fast track permitting.
• Job site experience.
• Ability to learn and grasp new concepts quickly with a willingness to learn and accept new challenges.
• Multi-task, prioritize and manage tasks against quick deadlines.
We are an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. Clickto view the NBCUniversal Candidate Privacy Statement.