NBC Universal Area Manager, CityWalk Operations in Universal City, California
Job Number 35120BR
Job Title Area Manager, CityWalk Operations
Business Segment Parks & Resorts
Sub-Business USH Parking/CW Ops/CW Tech
Posting Category Theme Parks
About Us Universal Studios Hollywood is the Entertainment Capital of L.A. featuring a movie-based theme park and Studio Tour, and bridged by Universal CityWalk, a dynamic entertainment, shopping and dining complex. Universal Studios Hollywood is an industry leader due to its impressive talent base of highly creative professionals who inspire and produce compelling entertainment and innovative attractions that immerse guests in an authentic Hollywood experience. Universal Studios Hollywood’s team of professionals enjoys a unique culture where fun, hard work and high-quality results are priority, resulting in an employee base that is proud to work here. NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. The company offers equally unique opportunities for employees to expand their careers within Universal Studios Hollywood, Universal Parks & Resorts, and the broader NBCUniversal family. It’s a big universe, where do you fit in?
Career Level Experienced
Country United States
City Universal City
Responsible for overseeing, supporting and controlling day-to-day operations of CityWalk.
• Manages landlord relationship between tenant base and the Company. Establishes and maintains strong tenant relations and enforces all aspects of tenant leases and specialty license agreements.
• Conducts regular zone, premise and permitted use walk throughs and provide timely follow up on all tenant issues.
• Ensures common areas are maintained to company standards, coordinating with the applicable operating group to correct any deficiency or problem in an expedient manner.
• Establishes and utilizes inter-department relationships as necessary to achieve Company, department and area goals.
• In partnership with Corporate Security, ensures best in class security performance with focus on incident prevention and effectively handles those that may occur.
• Acts as property point-person during emergencies, ensuring that proper protocol is followed. Responsible for crisis management for guests and/or employees in medical/emergency situations.
• Maintains an awareness and understanding of all areas and activities on the property.
• Oversees operational aspects of special events, entertainment and filmed productions, including guest flow and tenant impact. Ensures all sight and sound elements comply with property standards.
• Ensures an exceptional guest experience at every guest interaction. Accommodates guest needs with urgency and resolves any guest issues in a timely manner.
• Maintains both labor and non-labor departmental budgets. Responds to and supports changing business climate through proactive operational modifications and justification of budget revisions. Develops and maintains annual capital expense projects.
• Establishes standards, practices, policies and procedures for area operating philosophy.
• Ensures proper hiring, on-boarding, and training programs are maintained for Supervisory team.
• Mentors direct reports and provides direction, counseling, coaching, and handles development discussions with team members.
• Drives high levels of employee satisfaction by ensuring timely and fair resolution of all employee issues.
• Leads workforce planning, reward and recognition planning, employee events, and employee satisfaction action planning.
• Performs other job duties and special projects as assigned.
• 5 or more years of management experience within operations and the theme park industry, an urban entertainment center or shopping mall, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Must be available to work on weekends, holidays and nights as required.
• Must be able to work outdoors in varying weather conditions, with walking/traveling to multiple venues throughout the day.
• Prior experience with specialty leasing/janitorial management/entertainment production preferred.
• Strong guest service and/theme park operations knowledge preferred.
• Familiarity with crowd control dynamics.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks effectively.
• Ability to solve problems quickly and utilize sound judgment.
• Strong interpersonal, analytical, organizational, presentation and time management skills.
• Proactive thinker/self-starter and team player.
• Excellent written and verbal skills to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
• Proficiency in Microsoft programs including Outlook, Word, Excel, and Powerpoint.
• Strong delegation, mentoring and coaching skills.
We are an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. Clickto view the NBCUniversal Candidate Privacy Statement.