NBC Universal Assistant Manager, CityWalk Operations in Universal City, California
Job Number 34582BR
Job Title Assistant Manager, CityWalk Operations
Business Segment Parks & Resorts
Sub-Business USH Parking/CW Ops/CW Tech
Posting Category Theme Parks
About Us Universal Studios Hollywood is the Entertainment Capital of L.A. featuring a movie-based theme park and Studio Tour, and bridged by Universal CityWalk, a dynamic entertainment, shopping and dining complex. Universal Studios Hollywood is an industry leader due to its impressive talent base of highly creative professionals who inspire and produce compelling entertainment and innovative attractions that immerse guests in an authentic Hollywood experience. Universal Studios Hollywood’s team of professionals enjoys a unique culture where fun, hard work and high-quality results are priority, resulting in an employee base that is proud to work here. NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. The company offers equally unique opportunities for employees to expand their careers within Universal Studios Hollywood, Universal Parks & Resorts, and the broader NBCUniversal family. It’s a big universe, where do you fit in?
Career Level Experienced
Country United States
City Universal City
Responsible for assisting the Area Manager in overseeing, supporting and controlling the day- to-day operations of CityWalk.
• Act as liaison between tenant base and CityWalk Operations Management Team.
• Develop and maintain strong working relationships with CityWalk tenant base.
• Assist Operations Management Team in enforcement of tenant leases; participate in zone, premise and permitted use walk throughs and provide timely follow up to tenant issues.
• Support and maintain high quality internal client services.
• Assist on duty Area Manager in overseeing entire operation during nights, weekends and peak periods.
• Ensure all operating elements of CityWalk are up to standard; coordinate any deficiency or problem with appropriate operating group and ensure an expedient resolve.
• Ensure best in class security performance with focus on preventing incidents and effectively handling those that do occur.
• Provide support for daily sight and sound, street performances and both CityWalk and tenant special events.
• Provide immediate response to medical and other emergencies, acting as point-person, when directed, to ensure proper communication channels and notification processes are followed.
• Ensure a best in class guest experience at every interaction, by accommodating guests’ reasonable needs with urgency and elevating special needs to an Area Manager in a timely manner.
• Complete special projects as directed, such as presenting tenant orientation and venue-specific audits.
• Consistently operate within limits of department budgets.
• Two or four year college degree preferred, or equivalent work experiences required
• Minimum two years of operations management experience in an urban entertainment center, business center, shopping mall or theme park.
• Able to work outdoors in varying weather conditions and walking/traveling to multiple venues throughout the day.
• Must be available to work on weekends, holidays and nights as required.
• Unyielding integrity
• Ability to achieve results through the flawless execution of strategies and objectives.
• Familiarity with property management in a retail environment, parking operations, entertainment production and crowd control dynamics.
• Excellent management skills while working under tight and fast track deadlines.
• Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal, organizational and multi-tasking skills.
• Ability to effectively communicate across all lines of business and with all levels of management.
• Strong passion for delivering the highest quality of guest service.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint as well as graphic design programs.
We are an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. Clickto view the NBCUniversal Candidate Privacy Statement.