NBC Universal Assistant Manager, CityWalk Services in Universal City, California
Job Number 32929BR
Job Title Assistant Manager, CityWalk Services
Business Segment Parks & Resorts
Sub-Business USH Parking/CW Ops/CW Tech
Posting Category Theme Parks
About Us Universal Studios Hollywood is the Entertainment Capital of L.A. featuring a movie-based theme park and Studio Tour, and bridged by Universal CityWalk, a dynamic entertainment, shopping and dining complex. Universal Studios Hollywood is an industry leader due to its impressive talent base of highly creative professionals who inspire and produce compelling entertainment and innovative attractions that immerse guests in an authentic Hollywood experience. Universal Studios Hollywood’s team of professionals enjoys a unique culture where fun, hard work and high-quality results are priority, resulting in an employee base that is proud to work here. NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. The company offers equally unique opportunities for employees to expand their careers within Universal Studios Hollywood, Universal Parks & Resorts, and the broader NBCUniversal family. It’s a big universe, where do you fit in?
Career Level Experienced
Country United States
City Universal City
Responsible for assisting the Senior Manager, CityWalk Services in overseeing the CityWalk and Parking Janitorial Vendor Team, and ensuring that CityWalk and the parking facilities are consistently maintained in a clean, safe and show quality fashion, while complying with all procedures and regulatory requirements, as well as all operational requirements. In addition, the Assistant Manager, CityWalk Services will support the CityWalk Operations team in overseeing the day-to-day operations of CityWalk.
• Supervises daily operation of CityWalk Janitorial Team.
• Ensures that facility’s industry leading cleanliness standards are maintained at all times.
• Sets work standards and expectations for Janitorial Project Manager and the Janitorial Team.
• Conducts regular quality control facility walk throughs with Janitorial Project Manager and Senior Manager, CityWalk Services. Tracks and logs all findings and coordinates mitigation plan for any deficiencies identified.
• Ensures any technical, structural or aesthetic deficiency or problem identified in the common area and back of house are reported to the appropriate operating group for correction in an expedient manner.
• Oversees Janitorial operating budget and adjusts operations as necessary to maintain budget controls. Augments Janitorial labor as needed, should business conditions dictate.
• Ensures all Janitorial activity is in accordance with all county, state and federal rules and regulations, as well as property operational requirements.
• Understands and actively participates in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established USH policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities. Acts as EHS Safety team representative for department.
• Foresees and openly communicates all potential janitorial activity impact on facility operations and guest experience to CityWalk Management Team. Minimizes Janitorial activity impact at every opportunity.
• Maintains control over janitorial supplies inventory.
• Assists in overseeing, supporting and controlling day-to-day operations of CityWalk as needed.
• Assists CityWalk Management team in managing landlord relationship between tenant base and the Company. Establishes and maintains strong tenant relations and assists in enforcing all aspects of tenant leases and specialty license agreements.
• Acts as crisis management as needed, including guest and employee medical/emergency situations.
• Establishes and utilizes inter-department relationships as necessary to achieve Company, department and area goals.
• Implements departmental programs focusing on tenant, employee and guest satisfaction.
• Performs other job duties and special projects as assigned.
• Two or four year college degree preferred, or equivalent work experiences required
• Minimum two years of operations management experience in an urban entertainment center, business center, shopping mall or theme park. Experience with janitorial operations preferred.
• Able to work outdoors in varying weather conditions and walking/traveling to multiple venues throughout the day.
• Must be available to work on weekends, holidays and nights as required.
• Ability to achieve results through the flawless execution of strategies and objectives.
• Experience supervising in a union environment preferred.
• Familiarity with crowd control dynamics.
• Excellent management skills while working under tight and fast track deadlines.
• Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal, organizational and multi-tasking skills.
• Ability to effectively communicate across all lines of business and with all levels of management.
• Strong organizational, planning and delegation skills.
• Strong passion for delivering the highest quality of guest service.
We are an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. Clickto view the NBCUniversal Candidate Privacy Statement.