NBC Universal Construction Project Manager in Universal City, California
Job Number 35214BR
Job Title Construction Project Manager
Business Segment Parks & Resorts
Sub-Business USH Creative
Posting Category Theme Parks
About Us Universal Studios Hollywood is the Entertainment Capital of L.A. featuring a movie-based theme park and Studio Tour, and bridged by Universal CityWalk, a dynamic entertainment, shopping and dining complex. Universal Studios Hollywood is an industry leader due to its impressive talent base of highly creative professionals who inspire and produce compelling entertainment and innovative attractions that immerse guests in an authentic Hollywood experience. Universal Studios Hollywood’s team of professionals enjoys a unique culture where fun, hard work and high-quality results are priority, resulting in an employee base that is proud to work here. NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. The company offers equally unique opportunities for employees to expand their careers within Universal Studios Hollywood, Universal Parks & Resorts, and the broader NBCUniversal family. It’s a big universe, where do you fit in?
Career Level Experienced
Country United States
City Universal City
Organize, establish and maintain effective Project management processes; coordinate and manage creative design decisions and construction document production; avoid contract claims and disputes; minimize change orders during construction phases; effectively manage changes in the Project; eliminate interface disruptions between project participants; maintain, and where possible improve the Project schedule and budget; insure quality design and construction work; emphasize “hands-on” management of field operations; maintain operational use of completed facilities during continuation of construction; establish and maintain a competent and experienced staff; implement efficient and timely document control; effectively communicate/lead project team.
• Oversee preparation of design and/or construction documents. These documents include but are not limited to Drawings, Construction Specifications, Scopes of Work and General Conditions.
Oversee and coordinate creative and technical design development process. Ensure that creative goals for the project and the technical approach to the project match with the budget and schedule.
• Manage bidding & awarding the design and/or construction documents. This includes but is not limited to developing a bidders list and preparing an RFP. The RFP includes instructions for the bid, bid response forms, Construction Agreement, General Conditions, Scope of Work, Drawings, Wage and Equipment Rates, Schedule of unit prices, Payment and performance bonds, General Requirements, Safety and health requirements, Specifications, Questions and Answers and Addendums.
• Perform oversight of vendor contracts. This includes but is not limited to evaluation of technical performance and adherence to the contract requirements, which includes all aspects of the project. It also includes management of the submittal process, request for information (RFI), modification documents and the directive process.
• Monitor change or delays to construction schedule. This includes but is not limited to evaluation of Contractors schedule performance and schedule coordination with other groups and departments. Review weekly three-week look ahead schedule and monthly schedule updates; develop recovery plan as schedule variances evolve.
Monitor quality assurance of Project. This includes but is not limited to daily site-walks to monitor progress and recent developments to ensure that the work being accomplished is in accordance with the contract documents. Ensure that the questions and clarifications that evolve from these reviews are documented and resolved.
Prepare progress reports and/or monthly updates. This includes but is not limited to monthly status and progress reports to the Project Director. These reports feed into the overall attraction monthly update presented to senior management.
• Understand and actively participate in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established USH policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
Perform other duties as assigned.
Effectively and efficiently communicate with the project team. Attend meetings and generate correspondence as necessary.
Provide timely resolution to complex challenges; multi-task as required.
7-10 Years: Experience working in a design/engineering firm dealing both with entertainment design and construction management; also experience dealing with large scale construction projects along or with experience in working in various positions with a general contractor dealing with estimating, budgeting, bidding, field experience dealing with all aspects of projects required; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or accredited university.
Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and possess solid basic computer skills.
Strong communication and organization skills.
Proven ability to work independently, identify and communicate creative solutions to challenges, maintain a strong focus on business priorities and be persistent in follow-through.
Proven ability to orchestrate and execute multiple activities simultaneously in a fast-paced environment using resources effectively and efficiently.
We are an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. Clickto view the NBCUniversal Candidate Privacy Statement.