NBC Universal Creative Design & Development Internship - Spring 2018 in Universal City, California
Job Number 36673BR
Job Title Creative Design & Development Internship - Spring 2018
Business Segment Staff
Sub-Business Corporate Human Resources
Posting Category Internships
About Us NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
Career Level Co-op/Intern
Country United States
City Universal City
• Draw and paint digitally to create design sketches and final illustrations
• Character concept visual development
• Generate 2d character turns as templates for final 3d geometry
• Create production level content for use in style guides
• Review and provide feedback on a variety of “character based” product
• Oversee and maintain art naming conventions and organization within projects
DEADLINE TO APPLY: November 15th, 2017
• Fluent in Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator required
• Have a broad understanding of character design and development
• Clear and diverse visual development skillset
• Strong understanding of anatomy and perspective required
• Familiarity with the Animation process and Storytelling as a medium
• Strong sense of initiative and motivated self-starter
• Able to effectively and quickly build relationships among team members and peers
• Receive and give feedback in a motivated and invested way focused on what is best for the product
• Passion for your work, and a desire to grow yourself and those around you
NBCUniversal interns must meet the following criteria:
• In pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor or Graduate degree at an Accredited Institution and be able to provide documentation to confirm your degree progress.
• Current class standing of sophomore or above (30 credits).
• Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above.
• Must be 18 years of age or older.
• Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the U.S. without holding a visa or sponsorship.
• Must be able to work on-site in Universal City, CA
RECENT GRADUATES WILL NOT BE ELIGIBLE FOR THIS PROGRAM.
We are an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. Clickto view the NBCUniversal Candidate Privacy Statement.