NBC Universal Editor/Producer in Universal City, California
Job Number 35200BR
Job Title Editor/Producer
Business Segment Owned Stations & Affiliate Relations
Sub-Business NBCUOTS - Digital
Posting Category Digital Media
About Us NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Career Level Experienced
Country United States
City Universal City
NBC Owned Television Stations is looking for a digital video editor/producer to create original videos designed for digital/mobile/social platforms.
We are looking for a candidate with a proven ability to create videos that are shareable and have impact with a mobile/social audience. The editor/producer will be part of a digital video innovation team working with NBC’s 12 owned stations.
This team will partner with veteran broadcast reporters and producers to create digital versions of their broadcast content, focusing on exclusive investigative and consumer content, working with local teams on projects from a story’s inception to its conclusion. In addition to creating videos for mobile platforms, the team will explore new video formats and storytelling devices, such as 360-degree video.
The right candidate should love local news, enjoy finding innovative ways to tell stories, be a digital video consumer, have excellent people skills and team orientation, be willing to try new things and be comfortable working on an in-depth investigation of nuclear waste or the quirky viral talker story of the day.
· Leverage resources available from our stations or other sources to research, pitch, write and edit video segments designed for mobile/social platforms, optimizing versions of the story for specific platforms.
· Write, pitch, produce, shoot and edit original videos for digital platforms
· Gather, sort and find stories in data and present data visually in videos
· Develop graphic elements and treatments for your videos to engage mobile users.
· Assist local stations with video concepts for their local audiences
· Develop best practices and expertise around creating, publishing and distributing videos specific to various digital platforms, and train digital and broadcast producers in those best practices at NBC’s owned stations.
· Write headlines and text for your videos to maximize engagement.
· Serve as a resource for local digital editorial and broadcast teams at NBC’s owned television stations
· Work closely with national editorial team and local editorial teams to plan, execute video content
· Fill in on the national digital team’s multimedia team as needed.
· Must have at least 4 years of experience producing videos for digital platforms
· Experience editing videos on tight deadlines.
· Experience editing in Adobe Premiere, After-Effects and Photoshop
· Ability to shoot with DSLR and use lightning, audio equipment
· Exceptional editorial skills: Ability to recognize stories with high potential for digital attention
· Familiarity with social media platforms
· Deep knowledge of current events
· Outstanding communication skills
· Experience with a complex CMS a plus.
· Must have a bachelor's degree
· Must be willing and able to work flexible hours, under tight deadlines, including breaking news
· Must be willing to work all shifts as required by news and events.
· Must be willing to work in Los Angeles
· Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
We are an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. Clickto view the NBCUniversal Candidate Privacy Statement.