NBC Universal Information Security Senior Engineer in Universal City, California
Job Number 33560BR Job Title Information Security Senior Engineer Business Segment Operations & Technical Services Sub-Business Technology Posting Category Technology/Engineering About Us NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Career Level Experienced Country United States State/Province California City Universal City
The Information Security Senior Engineer will be responsible for Working with the Business Information Security Officer to help deliver security programs for the Film and West Coast TV. This position works across multiple technical areas to include operations, engineering, security, and systems development and includes substantial opportunity for professional technical growth. To accomplish these tasks the Information Security Senior Engineer will also work collaboratively and in concert with teams in infrastructure security protection, detection, and response operations.
• Implementation of vulnerability management program, including tracking and addressing, accessing applicability to existing systems, and ensuring closure
o Work with the business to understand needs at a technical level
o Work with the Security Architect to design solutions based on needs for the business
o Review security for projects and designs proposed by the business
o Support other Information Security team items based on needs
o Participate in evaluation and recommendation of new technologies and processes
• Responsibilities for evaluation and introduction of hardware and software security solutions to various businesses.
• Provide input for maintenance of existing information system security policies, standards and guidelines
• Document implementation and design documents describing how security features are implemented
• Performing security requirements analysis, design, and integration for complex software application environments, multi-OS infrastructures and network architectures
• Ad hoc support and execution of information security investigations
• Working on project teams responsible for engineering oversight of solutions to integrate within the production IT environment
• Working with the Security Awareness Lead to deliver technical security awareness sessions tailored to the business vertical
• Requires Bachelor's degree (in field telecommunications, electrical engineering, computer engineering, computer science) or equivalent and five to seven years of experience with information networks and the security aspects
• Advanced studies in Information Security a plus
• Strong proven ability in building high-performance, highly-available and scalable secure distributed systems
• Experience working with recognized IT Security-related standards and technologies.
• Experience in large global environments spanning multiple time-zones
• Requires deep knowledge of virtualization, Microsoft Windows systems, Linux networking devices, audit collection systems, knowledge of accreditation practices.
• Experience working with recognized IT Security-related standards and technologies
Additional Job Requirements:
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Must be willing to work in Universal City, CA
• Experience working in or consulting to the Entertainment Industry, MPAA Data Security Standard, OWASP
• Infrastructure implementation, support or design experience (ex. firewalls, routers switches, host OS, etc.)
• Experience performing network and application security testing
We are an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. Clickto view the NBCUniversal Candidate Privacy Statement.