NBC Universal Manager, Finance- GRE in Universal City, California
Job Number 33254BR
Job Title Manager, Finance- GRE
Business Segment Operations & Technical Services
Sub-Business O&TS Finance
Posting Category Finance
About Us NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Career Level Experienced
Country United States
City Universal City
The GRE Manager provides all FP&A, and day-to-day finance support related to west coast and global real estate activities, including direct fiscal oversight of mitigations and Master Planning spend in support of the development of the Universal Studios Lot and Theme Parks. The Senior Manager is the primary
steward of project costs and appraises the Chief Real Estate Officer on a routine basis. Further, the role is a thought partner to the leadership team in providing ad hoc strategic and financial analysis on a broad range of real estate topics (acquisition, disposition, and buy vs. lease vs. build).
Financial Planning & Analysis:
• Leads annual budgeting and long range financial planning (LRP) for Global Real Estate (GRE).
• Provides periodic forecasts, quarterly pacing with variance explanations, and presentations to NBCUniversal corporate and senior management.
• Develops and maintains key metrics tracking/analysis and improves depth of existing reporting
• Maintains “Company View” Master Plan financials and socializes fiscal impact of the development program with senior leadership.
• Liaison to Corporate Controllership to ensure real estate developments and activities are accounted for appropriately [e.g. mitigations treatment, political commitments]
• Champion of capital projects and improvements identified by GRE that have cross divisional benefits.
• Strengthen cross functional relationships with business units. Identify risks and opportunities.
Day-to-day finance support:
• Tracks and forecasts of all west coast master planning, and mitigations program spend.
• Maintains vendor relationships, change orders, PO’s and vendor accountability to forecast and budgets.
• Coordinates with team members to ensure that billing from third party vendors is correct and tracking to plan, and coordinates 3rd party payments & tie outs with our internal team.
• Quarterly accruals, completing FP&A templates and corporate reporting. Tracks actual spend vs. budget for monthly reporting to Chief Real Estate Development Officer
• Works closely with project managers in setting project budgets, establishing projects within NBCUniversal systems (SRM, CARS), providing finance approval of capital requests and project cost tracking.
• Periodic reviews in concert with Sourcing to ensure contract compliance. Budget coordination for assets transfer / depreciation with client groups. Coordinates with tax department on personal / property tax implications. Ad hoc analysis and progress reporting to senior management.
Ad hoc real estate analysis:
• Valuation of development plans Buy vs. lease vs. build analysis
• Business lease analysis options and support
• Strategic and advisory services to business leaders on real estate options
• Bachelors’ degree from 4 year college/university plus 3 years of relevant experience
• Advanced Excel / PowerPoint Skills
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Must be willing to work in Universal City, CA.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• MBA a plus
• Real estate / entertainment finance experience a plus Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
• Proactive approach to problem solving including analytical and information system skills
• Comfortable working in a fast paced environment with numerous deadlines Strong business, system and analytical expertise
• Detail oriented