NBC Universal Manager, Finance in Universal City, California
Job Number 35184BR
Job Title Manager, Finance
Business Segment Operations & Technical Services
Sub-Business O&TS Finance
Posting Category Finance
About Us NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Career Level Experienced
Country United States
City Universal City
NBCUniversal’s Finance group has an opening for an experienced Finance Manager supporting our West Coast Studio Operations division. Reporting to the Senior Director of FP&A and Facilities Finance, this position will provide financial analysis support for the NBCUniversal Studio Operations Facilities division that includes maintenance and engineering, project design, trades, utilities, taxes, and insurance.
The individual will ensure that the appropriate methods are in place to track spend, projects and other key metrics critical to running the operations, making informed, time-sensitive decisions, and influencing smart business decisions from a financial perspective while building collaborative working partnerships with a strong emphasis on client support and solutions focus.
• Financial support of all assigned business lines; compile and review the annual operating budgets, long range plans, quarterly forecasts and monthly projections. This includes advising department leaders on budget guidelines and overseeing the budget/forecast preparation process to ensure timeliness, completeness and accuracy
• Maintain financial performance by developing operating and financial metrics, analyzing results and trends, and providing recommendations to improve overall efficiencies
• Oversee the monthly close process. Prepare journal entries and monthly financial reports of revenue and expenses, ensuring completeness, accuracy and timeliness. Compile and analyze results and present statements to senior management
• Monitors actual results to prepare monthly projection and accrual information, reviews and analyzes results against budget/forecast and prepares variance reports as required
• Oversees capital request/disposal processes and reviews fixed asset register for accuracy and completeness
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or equivalent experience preferred
• 4+ years experience analyzing financial statements and budgets
• Excellent analytical and modeling skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
• SAP Financial Systems (SAP G/L, SAP business warehouse) or equivalent experience required
• CPA, MBA or Master’s in Finance, Accounting preferred
• 4+ years of experience within the Entertainment Industry preferred
• SAP Financial Systems experience preferred (SAP G/L, SAP business warehouse)
• Hyperion Essbase proficiency preferred
• The ability to communicate effectively and influence at all organizational levels
• Must have the ability to manage multiple priorities
• Demonstrated success in team collaboration, service excellence and solutions focus
• Studio operations experience preferred
We are an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. Clickto view the NBCUniversal Candidate Privacy Statement.