NBC Universal Manager, Global Media Operations in Universal City, California
Job Number 34109BR
Job Title Manager, Global Media Operations
Business Segment Operations & Technical Services
Sub-Business Global Media Operations
Posting Category Technology/Engineering
About Us NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Career Level Experienced
Country United States
City Universal City
The Manager of Global Media Operations will be responsible for driving and providing leadership for the implementation and ongoing processes of standardized localization across all NBCUniversal properties and businesses. The Manager of Global Media Operations will also be responsible for helping the transition of localized content from a multi-vendor to global vendor processes, as well as delivery of all content in to NBCUniversal to service divisions through the supply chain. Manager of Global Media Operations would work closely with team across NBCUniversal divisions including Universal Pictures International, Global Distribution Services, Universal Pictures Home Entertainment, and Global Networks. The Manager of Manager of Global Media Operations would also integrate with NBCUniversal global localization vendors to ensure consistent quality, costs, and on-time delivery to ensure successful execution of media fulfillment. Additionally, this role would be responsible for recording and reporting metrics across all divisional localization. The Manager of Global Media Operations would directly commission and oversee dub and subtitle creation for all Universal Pictures Home Entertainment divisions.
• Responsible for the integration of localized content from all divisions into internal MAM systems for downstream servicing use.
• Oversee and execute the day and date delivery of audio, subtitles, forced narratives, and all additional documentation required for immediate distribution use, integrating with UTrack.
• Create new workflows and technical specifications, and lead the global vendor transition and on-going expansions.
• Oversee and approve all dubbing and subtitle orders requested through Universal Pictures Home Entertainment.
• Ensure all media delivery of dubbing and subtitles are compliant with MAM requirements, and are downstream servicing ready.
• Oversee the operation to a 99.999% availability and reliability. Hire and train new personnel, manage financial and strategic goals, and lead analysis on operational performance.
• Gather and analyze all localization metrics across divisions including cost, on-time percentage, and rejection rates.
• Identify areas for innovation and improvement of NBCUniversal’s processes for dubbing and subtitles on an ongoing basis.
• Communicate strategies and project status to leadership.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in Localization and/or content fulfillment.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in project management roles enabling operational improvement.
• Willing to travel
• Minimum 5 years analytical experience
Additional Job Requirements:
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered (note job #:34109BR)
• Must be willing to work in Universal City, CA
• Willingness to travel and work nontraditional hours as needed
• Able to perform in a dynamic, fast paced environment with minimal supervision.
• Excellent written and oral communication. Strong formal presentation abilities.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills with co-workers and customers.
• Demonstrated planning, organizational and financial planning skills.
• Demonstrated ability to motivate cross functional teams through effective communication of goals and objectives, and to create an inclusive working environment.
• Strong understanding of local dubbing and subtitle requirements worldwide.
• Good understanding of media technology, including transcoding, editing, and file acceleration systems. Working knowledge of various media file formats.
• Strong understanding of file format conversion and transcoding
• Passion for media distribution and keeping up to date with the latest technology trends.
We are an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. Clickto view the NBCUniversal Candidate Privacy Statement.