NBC Universal Manager of Infrastructure Vendor Management and Governance in Universal City, California
Job Number 35085BR
Job Title Manager of Infrastructure Vendor Management and Governance
Business Segment Operations & Technical Services
Posting Category Technology/Engineering
About Us NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Career Level Experienced
Country United States
City Universal City
The Manager of Infrastructure Vendor Management & Governance is responsible for driving all aspects of vendor management and being the single point of contact from the IT Vendor Management Office (VMO) to NBCU IT Value Added HW and SW Resellers (VARs) and equipment manufacturers (OEMS).
The Manager – Infrastructure VMO will be a liaison between the different IT divisions and the vendor. He or She will collaborate with the different IT divisions in…
• Contract management. Knowing all current IT Infrastructure projects and ensures NBCU’s hardware and software infrastructure vendor strategy is adhered to, while applying a thorough understanding of the functional landscape.
• Driving operational performance with the vendors.
• Relationship management with the IT Vendors
• Driving technology innovation with vendors and implementing IT enterprise architecture strategy
• Identifying gaps in any operational process, behavior, etc with vendors, recommend solution and follow up to closure.
• Driving Innovation. Collaborate with the IT divisions to understand the needs and co-ordinate and drive with the vendors to be more productive and innovative.
• Provide independent assessment of the overall efficiency and effectiveness of IT governance initiatives for NBCUniversal’s IT vendors/suppliers
• Provide objective and constructive input, encourage vendors’ self-assessments, and provide assurance to management that governance is working effectively.
• May include up to 10% travel.
• Clearly understand the project landscape and current technology usage across different IT divisions.
• Build network and be connected with the different IT divisions in NBCUniversal.
• Be pro-active in understanding project delivery related challenges with vendors.
• Follow up and drive escalations to closure.
• Understand VMO’s strategy on outsourcing and drive the agenda internally with the IT stakeholders and externally with vendors.
• Drive VMO’s governance operationally by leading NPS and Vendor 360 sessions.
• Be responsible for analyzing and articulating the results from NPS and V360 session to senior management within IT.
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science/Engineering, Information Systems, or Business.
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in IT related vendor management and governance.
• Minimum of 4 years’ experience in the IT function, with experience in managing projects in one or more of the following areas: Infrastructure (e.g. servers, storage, O/S), Network, Information Security, Application development and maintenance.
Additional Job Requirements:
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Must be willing to work in Universal City, CA
• Detailed understanding of industry accepted IT project management standards (i.e. PMP, ITIL)
• Knowledge of key Infrastructure groupings such as: Network, Computer, Servers, Storage, Converged and Hyperconverged categories.
• Experience in flowcharting/process mapping, data mining and analytical tools
• Excellent analytical/technical skills
• Strong oral communication, business writing, presentation, and facilitation skills.
• Proven ability to execute across multiple locations and stakeholder groups. Ability to influence others effectively across a matrix driven organization.
• Experience in project management and leading teams.
• Intermediate proficiency with MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Master’s degree
We are an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. Clickto view the NBCUniversal Candidate Privacy Statement.