NBC Universal Media Planning Supervisor in Universal City, California
Job Number 35124BR
Job Title Media Planning Supervisor
Business Segment Operations & Technical Services
Sub-Business West Coast Studio Ops
Posting Category Studio Technical Operations
About Us Why NBCUniversal…
Do you want to work for the world’s leading Media and Technology company? Are you passionate about working in a creative and collaborative environment? Then come to NBCUniversal and help us to create and deliver content so compelling it entertains, informs, and shapes the world. From the Kardashians, to the Minions, Saturday Night Live, to the Olympics we produce a diverse portfolio of entertainment to a global audience. We are the wizards who innovate and bring our content to life in media and in our world-renowned theme parks!
Business segment background
We create and deliver. As the backbone of NBCUniversal’s content production, the West Coast Studio Operations team is composed of creative leaders who support the production, editing, broadcast and distribution of NBCUniversal’s content. From start to finish West Coast Studio Operations utilizes innovative technology to offer high quality production and post-production facilities and services worthy of the industry’s biggest talents. When you visit Hulu on your Apple TV Roku or PS4 to watch a clip of an NBCUniversal show, we created it. When you turn on your TV and watch one of our networks or cable channels, we delivered it. When you see your favorite NBCUniversal TV show or movie from your childhood, we preserved it.
We want a diverse work force, and here is our commitment to you…
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
• Medical and Dental Available Day 1
• 401k Matching
• Pre Screenings (Movies/TV Shows)
• Celebrity Sightings
• Personal Time Off
• Discounted Stock Purchases
Career Level Experienced
Country United States
City Universal City
Setting the Scene
You don’t see it on your TV unless it’s broadcasted! Broadcast Operations provides critical support to all of our businesses at NBCUniversal. This team is responsible for designing and maintaining broadcast systems, designing sets for shows and events, providing crew for news and cable, handling editing and post production, and offering media storage and retrieval services.
The Media Planning Supervisor will execute and implement On-Air strategy for E! Networks and develop and implement navigational plans to support the strategy
• In conjunction with Director of On-Air Strategy, responsible for executing the media planning strategy for UK and EMEA channels
• Create detailed navigation plans for all territories driving optimum viewing
• In conjunction with the Continuity Manager, identify voiceover opportunities and priorities
• Manage relationships with Presentation teams and external Playout and address any queries or issues
• Supervise placement of all promo and interstitial material
• Liaise with Programming and OAP Creative teams to commission secondary events
• Liaise with Tech Ops on implementation of secondary events on the channels
• Work closely with sponsorship/marketing to identify and execute initiatives
• Liaise with Hayu you on xpromotional/barter opportunities
• Perform as backup to Presentation Schedulers in event of absence
• Performs final check of schedules for correct adherence to On-Air Strategy
• Resolve daily discrepancies received from Master Control, and advise other departmental personnel as needed
• Provide full weekly analysis on rated channels to SMT
• Other duties as needed and assigned by Manager
• Minimum of 4 years experience at a broadcast television station, network or cable network's Traffic/Sales Service department, International preferred.
• Strong understanding and experience of research, data analysis and knowledge of TV industry measurement sources.
• Experience of managing and motivating a team.
• Must be detail oriented and have excellent communication and people skills, ability to multitask and work under pressure to deliver solutions.
• Must be willing to work OT and weekends if necessary.
• Experience using Broadcast Channel Management software.
We are an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. Clickto view the NBCUniversal Candidate Privacy Statement.