NBC Universal NBC Owned Stations Digital Journalism Spring 2018 Internship - LA in Universal City, California
Job Number 36570BR
Job Title NBC Owned Stations Digital Journalism Spring 2018 Internship - LA
Business Segment Staff
Sub-Business Corporate Human Resources
Posting Category Internships
About Us NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
This is a rigorous program designed exclusively for digital journalism students who already have a mastery of reporting, writing and AP style, and are ready to take their skill set to the next level. Students will be immersed in the day-to-day news gathering operations at NBC4, including nbclosangeles.com, the mobile app and social media accounts. A passion for news and the Internet is a must. You will be working with veteran digital journalists to write stories, find sources, conduct interviews, compile research, build photo galleries, edit video and assist with social media. You will explore all aspects of digital journalism. You will be a part of our team, learning new skills every day. This is an opportunity to transition from college student to real-life journalist via the day-to-day challenges of the No. 2 media market in the country. Motivated students can thrive in this position.
Career Level Co-op/Intern
Country United States
City Universal City
Your intern experiences may include (but are not limited to):
• Publishing dozens of original stories with your byline on NBCLA.com, including your own bio page. Some stories will be published nationally on NBCNews.com and other NBC sites in major television markets.
• Working closely with award-winning digital and on-air journalists.
• Coordinating and executing special projects, such as Olympics, elections and major news. Producing breaking news under deadline.
• Going out in the field with an NBC4 on-air journalist and photographer.
• Producing multimedia, including video and photo galleries.
• Producing content for the NBC LA social media platforms.
• Sitting in on high-level station-wide strategy and planning sessions.
• Pitching original enterprise stories.
• Learning cutting-edge digital publishing tactics, including search engine optimization.
• In pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor or Graduate degree at an Accredited Institution and be able to provide documentation to confirm your degree progress.
• Current class standing of sophomore or above (30 credits)
• Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above
• Must be 18 years of age or older
• Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the U.S. without a visa or sponsorship
• Must be able to work on-site in Universal City, CA
RECENT GRADUATES WILL NOT BE ELIGIBLE FOR THIS PROGRAM.
DEADLINE TO APPLY IS NOVEMBER 15, 2017
**Please note: NBCUniversal prohibits interns from participating in any other internship programs while employed by NBCUniversal without written permission from the Vice President, Talent Acquisition and Campus Programs, or her successor or designee.
• Previous work experience in an office environment
• Previous internship experience
• Computer Science
• Digital/New Media
• Graphic Design
Internships at NBCUniversal are paid and do not require course credit.
Please address your cover letter to the NBCUniversal Internship Program.
We are an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. Clickto view the NBCUniversal Candidate Privacy Statement.