NBC Universal Office Ergonomics Specialist in Universal City, California
Job Number 34941BR
Job Title Office Ergonomics Specialist
Business Segment Operations & Technical Services
Sub-Business West Coast Studio Ops
Posting Category Facilities
About Us NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Career Level Experienced
Country United States
City Universal City
The Office Ergonomics Specialist leads the overall program across the Universal City Studios and DreamWorks Animation West Coast facility portfolio. The Coordinator will use their experience, training and customer service skills to effectively develop and implement ergonomic tools and solutions while collaborating with key partners and stakeholders to harmonize and optimize various asset management strategies.
• Assess office work areas for ergonomic risk using a pre-determined ergonomic protocol
• Perform 15 or more assessments per week
• Enter assessment results in ergonomic assessment software and/or other tracking tools.
• Order and follow up on installation of equipment and furniture
• Use NBCU ordering tools and processes to order equipment and furniture
• Travel to buildings and offices throughout the Universal City and DWA locations.
Optimize Asset Management Programs:
• Collaborate with colleagues to develop strategic inventories of ergonomic stock to reduce customer response times.
• Develop ergonomic standards to minimize diversity of product solutions.
• Work with NBCU/DWA employees and tenants to provide an exceptional customer service level.
• Communicate with customers so they understand expectations, available solutions and timing. Regularly update them when unexpected conditions arise.
• Able to listen and confidently offer solutions and alternatives which align with asset optimization strategies, but may vary from the customer’s expectations.
EHS, Training & Development:
• Works with EHS on technical aspects of program to ensure a high level of quality and effectiveness
• Attend ergonomic training as required.
• Uses ergonomic software to report performance metrics
• Keep current with ergonomic workplace trends & research.
• Bachelor’s degree in related field
• Minimum 2-5 years ergonomic experience
• California driver’s license required
• Must be able to travel within LA to various sites and events.
• Ability to lift/carry items weighing up to 25 pounds.
• Ability to stand/walk a minimum of four (4) hours per day.
• Strong base knowledge in health sciences / ergonomics.
• Strong customer service experience – Able to connect with people, understand their needs and deliver solutions.
• Highly organized and able to multi task.
• Effective working independently without regular direction
• Experience with Microsoft suite of tools
• Excellent professional verbal and written communication skills
• Able to understand ergonomic principles and apply them to workstations
We are an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. Clickto view the NBCUniversal Candidate Privacy Statement.