NBC Universal Project Coordinator, Facilities in Universal City, California
Job Number 34281BR
Job Title Project Coordinator, Facilities
Business Segment Parks & Resorts
Sub-Business USH Tech Services
Posting Category Theme Parks
About Us Universal Studios Hollywood is the Entertainment Capital of L.A. featuring a movie-based theme park and Studio Tour, and bridged by Universal CityWalk, a dynamic entertainment, shopping and dining complex. Universal Studios Hollywood is an industry leader due to its impressive talent base of highly creative professionals who inspire and produce compelling entertainment and innovative attractions that immerse guests in an authentic Hollywood experience. Universal Studios Hollywood’s team of professionals enjoys a unique culture where fun, hard work and high-quality results are priority, resulting in an employee base that is proud to work here. NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. The company offers equally unique opportunities for employees to expand their careers within Universal Studios Hollywood, Universal Parks & Resorts, and the broader NBCUniversal family. It’s a big universe, where do you fit in?
Career Level Experienced
Country United States
City Universal City
The Coordinator, Technical Services is responsible to provide day to day administrative and operational support to specific departments within the Buildings and Construction team.
Ensure that the Universal Studios Hollywood vision, mission & values and Guest Service Philosophy & Standards are understood and supported across the organization.
• Execute financial processes (purchase orders, invoice/payment processing, payment status & tracking, etc.)
• Manage the process to set up new vendors in accordance with Company standards and guidelines
• Generate, track and maintain working files (e.g. project list, Work-In-Progress report)
• Create working tools in Excel using V-Lookup, VBAs and pivot tables
• Follow up by calling the venues to advise them when to expect service from either the internal or external service
• Contact appropriate restaurant or retail client to follow-up on service visits
• Maintain the finance log of estimated costs and accruals to be paid to 3rd party vendors.
• Approve 3rd party service reports and give them to Facilities manager to review them, after reviewing they will be returned to you for filing
• Document control of all paperwork for outside services
• Contact appropriate Food or Retail manager of any safety concerns in the park, hot water, gas leaks, etc.
• Update maintenance tracking log on a daily basis
• Drive-on and Walk-on to approved vendors
• Maintain Cap-Ex and Op-Ex spreadsheets
• Identify root cause to dispatch appropriate 3rd party vendor or in-house technician
• Coordinate and/or assist with communication of information to appropriate recipient(s) and/or distribution list
• Prepare reports and presentations as requested for review by management
• Order materials, supplies and equipment as directed. Assist with distribution and tracking of equipment (keys, radios, phones, etc.), where necessary and appropriate.
• Work closely and efficiently with other departments on coordination and completion of initiatives, tasks and/or projects.
• Provide additional support for departmental events and projects
• Understand and actively participate in Environmental, Health and Safety responsibilities by following established USH policy, procedures, training, and employee involvement activities.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
USH Technical Services Department is committed to promoting a collaborative, productive, and engaging workplace for all employees. We require Managers, Supervisors and Coordinators to lead by example in promoting a professional, inspiring, fun, and teamwork-oriented work culture.
General Knowledge and Skills Required: Thorough knowledge of Word and PowerPoint, expert knowledge in Excel.
Communicating and influencing: Communicate effectively with people at all levels in the organization. Must be able to professionally communicate precise information to and from multiple sources (both verbally and in written form). Give specific, timely feedback to managers and others to work together more effectively. Provide associates with all the information, history and resources they need to do their jobs and to feel a partnership with the organization.
Quality and partner focus: Continuously look for ways to refine and improve work processes to achieve better results. Follow through on commitments made to internal and external partners.
QUALIFICATIONS & KEY COMPETENCIES
Maximizing resources: Work collaboratively with all employees in the organization and support others when requested. Seek expertise, advice, and perspectives from a variety of sources both within and outside the organization to ensure a high work standard and an engaging culture for employees. Maintain a productive balance between the concern for people and concern for work results.
Project Management Assistance: Ability to generate working and reporting files using Excel and Power Point.
Learning and adapting: Remain productive during periods of ambiguity, uncertainty and change.
Demonstrate a willingness to take on new challenges, responsibilities, and assignments. Proactively utilize slower periods to improve work and or work environment; equipment maintenance, archiving, general organization, etc.
Leadership: Set a positive, productive and communicative tone in the department. Partner with the leadership team when representing policies and procedures, remaining positive with employees, and voicing concerns directly to senior management. Be available to all employees equally, treating all employees fairly. Demonstrate a commitment to organizational initiatives with words and actions. Encourage and contribute to an enthusiastic, positive work climate that energizes others.
We are an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. Clickto view the NBCUniversal Candidate Privacy Statement.