NBC Universal Senior Software Engineer in Universal City, California
Job Number 35313BR
Job Title Senior Software Engineer
Business Segment Operations & Technical Services
Posting Category Technology/Engineering
About Us NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Career Level Experienced
Country United States
City Universal City
We are the NBCUniversal Digital Products and Interactive Media (DPIM) group, and we’re responsible for the design, implementation, and operations of NBCUniversal’s consumer-facing digital products and experiences. Our bi-coastal group of product managers, software engineers, testers, and operations folks are based in Los Angeles and New York City.
We have a very collaborative environment and a distributed team, so we need someone who is conscientious, energetic, and passionate, who is able to build productive relationships with a diverse group of people. You must be willing to work collaboratively, as we often do pair programming.
We are a modern shop, with fully-automated unit, functional, and load testing, automated continuous integration, 100% cloud infrastructure, and a pretty mature Agile/Scrum process.
This is an on-site role. We’re looking for the right candidate, so we’re open to you working from either our West Coast (Universal City, CA) or East Coast (5 Times Square, NYC) locations. Our software engineers and testers for this particular team are based on the West Coast, so if you are East Coast-based, you’ll need to be able to effectively work with West Coast-based peers.
• Develop unit tests, improve unit test coverage, and adhere to code quality standards
• Develop composite services and solutions that integrate multiple web advertising systems on the client
• Develop web advertising platforms that seamlessly work across desktop and mobile clients
• Accurately scope the time required for completing development tasks
• Provide third-level support for any production issues
• Create detailed technical specification documents and technical documentation
• Collaborate with designers, project managers, developers and site owners on technical projects
• Work effectively with a bi-coastal team
• Must have three or more (3+) years of professional experience working within an enterprise-level web engineering team
o Closure and pure functions
o Cross-browser compatible code
o Profiling and debugging
o DOM manipulation across browsers down to IE8
• Must at least have knowledge of:
• Must have experience working on large-scale, high-traffic websites
• Must be effective working in a geographically-distributed team environment
• Must be experienced working in Agile/Scrum environments and using Agile/Scrum tools
Must have a strong desire to learn and adopt Agile/Scrum
• Experience with PHP is a plus
• Knowledge of caching is a plus
• Experience with web advertising business processes is a plus
• Experience developing against the Google DoubleClick for Publishers (DFP) API for a production application is a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. Clickto view the NBCUniversal Candidate Privacy Statement.