NBC Universal Senior Vice President, Media Strategy in Universal City, California
Job Number 33524BR
Job Title Senior Vice President, Media Strategy
Business Segment Film
Sub-Business Film Focus Features
Posting Category Communications
About Us NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Focus Features, a division of Universal Pictures, produces and acquires specialty films for the global market, and holds a library of iconic movies from fearless filmmakers. With five Golden Globe nominations in 2017, recent titles include “A Monster Calls,” “Nocturnal Animals,” “Kubo and the Two Strings” and “Loving.” Upcoming releases include “Atomic Blonde,” “The Zookeeper’s Wife,” “The Book of Henry,” and “The Beguiled.”
Career Level Experienced
Country United States
City Universal City
The Senior Vice President Media Strategy is responsible for formulating the comprehensive media plans for Focus Features’ theatrical releases in order to drive awareness and maximize box office success.
• Lead the development and implementation of integrated marketing and media campaigns for the Focus Features’ slate across all platforms including trailers, TV, print, outdoor, digital, social.
• Actively seek input from agency teams to strategically plan and administer media investments and upfront inventories.
• Collect and analyze data on marketplace feedback to identify factors impacting outreach and adjust media mix and targeting as needed.
• Oversee budget management which will result in increased efficiency of the allocated media budget.
• Cultivate and preserve effective relationships with agencies, media outlets, and internal marketing groups to ensure goals are being met.
• Partner with the creative team to support and provide input on the development of necessary materials.
• Minimum of 10 years of experience in media industry with marketing, client, or agency background.
• Experience in the studio category either from within a studio or a media agency strongly preferred.
• Proven broad knowledge of media landscape and competitive set.
• Deep understanding of strategic approach to media plan development.
• Successful leadership experience, and demonstration of ability to work well across an organizational matrix.
• Demonstrated success building, managing, and retaining high-performance teams
• Strong communication skills.
• Excellent executive-level presentation, leadership and interpersonal skills.
• BA/BS or equivalent experience.