NBC Universal Sr. Capital Project Analyst in Universal City, California
Job Number 34037BR
Job Title Sr. Capital Project Analyst
Business Segment Operations & Technical Services
Sub-Business O&TS Finance
Posting Category Finance
About Us NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Career Level Experienced
Country United States
City Universal City
NBCUniversal’s Finance group has an opening for a Project Analyst supporting our West Coast Studio Operations division. Reporting to the Senior Director of FP&A and Facilities Finance, this position will provide financial analysis and support for the Facilities Division’s project and development team. Primary responsibilities will be to manage the setup and tracking of capital projects, provide finance support to the project managers, and ensure compliance with capital expenditure processes and procedures.
• Submit Projects into capital system for approval
• Partner with operations to process Purchase Orders and payment
• Set up capital projects into SAP with the proper accounting structure upon completion of the approval process
• Track project activity by comparing actual activity to budgeted activity and expenditures
• Provide timely project reporting to project managers and create project spend variance analyses
• Create detailed project close-out packages upon project completion
• Prepare and generate various reports in SAP and Excel as required.
• Provide project cash flow forecasts for capital projects and accrue costs monthly
• Special projects as assigned.
• Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience, preferably in financial analysis
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or related field
• Proficiency in SAP G/L, SAP business warehouse, Essbase or comparable accounting or reporting system
• Advanced Excel skills (pivot tables, charting, financial formulas)
• Capital Project accounting and analysis experience
• Self-motivated team player
• Able to perform in a dynamic, fast paced environment with minimal supervision
• Excellent organizational and analytical skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects simultaneously
• Strong customer service and solution focused orientation
We are an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. Clickto view the NBCUniversal Candidate Privacy Statement.