NBC Universal Sr. Project Manager in Universal City, California
Job Number 33295BR
Job Title Sr. Project Manager
Business Segment Operations & Technical Services
Sub-Business West Coast Studio Ops
Posting Category Facilities
About Us NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Career Level Experienced
Country United States
City Universal City
The Senior Project Manager is responsible for managing the design, development and construction of major capital projects including infrastructure, facilities, offices, and other administration buildings. The Senior Project Manager’s primary responsibility is to deliver high quality projects on-time, within budget with high stakeholder satisfaction. This person will serve as the leader of a team of technical contributors including architects, engineers, construction managers, technical staff, facilities maintenance, procurement, safety, security, facilities services as well as local building / planning agencies, contractors and vendors. The senior project manager will assist in the day-to-day interface with corporate personnel in the development of scope requirements and in the acquisition of technical support for the projects. In addition, he/she will be required to develop budgets and monitor them through project completion and coordinate work with facilities design and engineering personnel from design inception through construction completion.
Design and Construction Services
• Primary responsibilities include planning and executing construction projects for the NBCUniversal’s West Coast Studio lot including but not limited to new construction, remodeling, furnishing projects, and major infrastructure upgrades and repairs.
• Plans, organizes, manages and implements all aspects of project development
• Reviews plans and specifications for compliance with project and program requirements during design, feasibility evaluation, and construction stages.
• Reviews construction plans, specifications, and estimates; recommends construction methodology
• Use independent judgment and make sound decisions consistent with policies, procedures, City standards, rules, and regulations.
• Coordinates with regulatory authorities, city, county, and state agencies regarding issues such as land use, building codes, safety matters, accessibility, historic landmark requirements and others.
• Communicate clearly and effectively on highly technical matters with other professionals in the field.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with contractors, consultants, community groups, the public, and City employees.
• Visits project sites to review work in progress and to ensure compliance with contractual terms and conditions. Evaluates and processes change orders as required.
• Plan, manage, and prioritize multiple concurrent projects from start to finish while ensuring compliance with contract terms and conditions.
• Recognize contractual irregularities and performance issues on projects and direct appropriate corrective action.
Budget, Schedule and Quality Control
• Creates detailed capital requirements and approval documentation, thoughtful project programs and user requirements, comprehensive project schedules, comprehensive budgets and other tools and practices which deliver the best projects possible on time, on budget and on scope.
• Plans and develops projects' overall scope. Reviews, evaluates, and makes recommendations for project management throughout all phases of design, feasibility evaluation, and construction.
• Develops budgets for capital improvement projects and monitors the actual project costs to ensure expenditures are within the approved budget. Reviews and approves payment applications for contractors and consultants.
• Prepares cost projections and data analysis on projects.
• Participates in the preparation and administration of budget; monitors expenditures; recommends budgetary adjustments and maintains appropriate records, reports, and controls.
• Coordinates, schedules, and monitors activities of contractors, consultants, design professionals, and inspectors; makes recommendations and provides technical information and guidance.
Project Delivery, reporting and Client Satisfaction
• Communicate with clients, executives, and major stakeholders, both orally and in writing, to insure needs are pro
• Extensive experience leading complex design & construction projects including heavy ground up construction, interior office fit outs, and studio productions.
• Strong technical knowledge of building systems and design acumen able to building inspiring environments in cost effective manners.
• Must be thoroughly familiar with and have an extensive background in building systems, the construction process, project scheduling, project budgeting, cost tracking and estimating.
• Knowledge of building codes, fire and life safety regulations, local permitting and inspection requirement
• Knowledge of loss control and accident prevention procedures in the construction industry is required. Working knowledge of Cal/OSHA regulations and permit requirements, illness and injury prevention programs.
• Strong contracting experience and ability to identify and negotiate complex terms and language in construction and vendor contracts.
• Able to create tools and processes which quickly and accurately estimates jobs for clients levering deep industry experience, historical trends, teams and vendor relationships.
• Deep experience in sustainable design and construction practices
• Highly effective in developing, managing and communicating projects.
• Effective communicator, able to influence, read their audience, be agile.
• Bachelor's degree in engineering, architecture, project management, construction management, or a closely related field.
• 10+ years of experience leading complex construction projects and the internal and external team’s that deliver them in a relevant industry.
• Principles of environmental stewardship, including energy and water use, recycling, air quality, etc. LEED accreditation is a plus.
• Five (5) years of increasingly responsible professional experience in contract management or project management with significant experience in managing large and complex capital improvement projects.
• The most competitive candidates will have a background in architecture as well as direct experience in construction administration and completing proposal and bid documents for capital projects, and leading a diverse project team.
• Experience in a project management capacity for major facility design and development is necessary, registration as a licensed architect is desired.
• Proficiency with BIM and other building management software