NBC Universal Technology Security Business Leader in Universal City, California
Job Number 35463BR
Job Title Technology Security Business Leader
Business Segment Operations & Technical Services
Posting Category Technology/Engineering
About Us NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
Career Level Experienced
Country United States
City Universal City
The Technology Security Business Leader (TSBL) will support the Business Information Security Officer (BISO) to provide guidance, enforce policy, and define security processes while engaging with and supporting a focused area of the BISO’s line of business.
Working for the BISO and closely with CIO, Filmed Entertainment and CTO, Dreamworks Animation, the successful candidate will be responsible for participating in the following activities:
Oversee the implementation and maintenance of technology security controls for Dreamworks Animation operated business interests & operations.
Support the information security functions of the Dreamworks Animation operated business interests & operations
Work with the Information Security Protect group to perform vulnerability assessments and identify risks and system needs.
Work with the Information Security Response group to perform threat assessment of identified vulnerabilities,
Identify solutions and review standards, security policies and procedures with the business.
Engage business ownership of development, compliance and exceptions to established policy.
Provide single point of contact for Technology Security issues.
Work with the Information Security Response group to develop and expand the capabilities of the response program and process for Dreamworks Animation operations.
Participate in Business Technology Design Review sessions.
Work with the Information Security Detection group to provide and/or enhance program management functions to support deployment, upgrading, and enhancement to the global technology security infrastructure.
Work with other Technology Security and Business team members on policy compliance efforts in accordance with NBCUniversal and Dreamworks Animation, industry privacy and security regulations, and guidelines set forth by, Country, Federal and local laws, as applicable.
• Minimum 2 years combined work experience in an IT infrastructure, networking and security
• Minimum 2 years working in a multi-national business operation
• Minimum 2 years working with security technologies including security architecture, IDS/IPS, digital certificates, encryption, and authentication, advanced anti-malware systems, and security log collection, optimization, and deep analytic analyses.
• Ability to travel up to 20% of time, as needed, including overnight stays
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through NBC UNIVERSAL CAREERS to be considered
• Must be willing to work in Los Angeles
• Media Entertainment industry experience desired
• Degree in Computer Science or equivalent field of study
• Training in Information Security specific disciplines
• Solid understanding of and ability to speak authoritatively to security principles such as authentication/authorization, access control, and forensic analysis
• Ability to communicate effectively to business and technical teams
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize and handle multiple initiatives
• Demonstrated negotiation and problem resolution skills
• Experience in large global environments spanning multiple time-zones
• Demonstrated interpersonal, analytical, organizational, written and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to communicate to all levels of an organization
• Demonstrated knowledge of recognized Information Security related standards and technologies
• Demonstrated knowledge of International Information Security and Privacy regulations, laws, and policies
• Six Sigma or equivalent methodology experience
We are an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. Clickto view the NBCUniversal Candidate Privacy Statement.