NBC Universal Vice President, Business Affairs in Universal City, California
Job Number 33552BR
Job Title Vice President, Business Affairs
Business Segment Cable Entertainment
Sub-Business Cable Ent Business Affairs
Posting Category Legal & Business Affairs
About Us NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Career Level Experienced
Country United States
City Universal City
The Vice President, Business Affairs will be primarily responsible for negotiating development and production deals on behalf of Universal Cable Productions in connection with scripted programming. Negotiations will include, but not be limited to, the following: talent, writers, producers, underlying rights, license agreements, co-productions, digital media, etc. This individual will report to the SVP, Business Affairs, Universal Cable Productions, Cable Entertainment.
• Negotiate development, licensing, and production deals in connection with the development and series production of scripted programming for Universal Cable Productions.
• Handle the day-to-day business affairs issues for current programming.
• Review budgets and other financial data associated with the development and production of such programming.
• Draft short-form deal memos and review longform agreements for accuracy of terms negotiated.
• Interface and coordinate with the following departments: creative, production, casting, legal, promotions, public relations, finance, music, distribution, marketing, business development, and digital media.
• Minimum 5 years professional experience at a major law firm or media company.
• Juris Doctorate (JD)
• Bar Admission
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered.
• Must be willing to work in Universal City, California.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Must be 18 years or older.
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU’s Alternative Dispute Resolution Program.
• Minimum 3 years relevant experience negotiating television development/production deals in a business affairs department at a media company and/or entertainment legal practice strongly preferred.
• Prior experience negotiating between studio and network/SVOD platforms strongly preferred.
• Working knowledge of WGA, SAG, AFTRA and DGA rules strongly preferred.
• Strong professional relationships with talent representatives and business/legal affairs executives.
• Strong and effective negotiating skills.
• Good business judgment and confidence.
• Excellent drafting and analytical skills.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Ability to work well in a fast-paced, deadline intensive in-house environment.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to interact effectively with a range of personalities and styles and establish productive relationships at all levels of the organization.