NBC Universal VP, Operations & Support Applications in Universal City, California
Job Number 34517BR
Job Title VP, Operations & Support Applications
Business Segment Operations & Technical Services
Posting Category Technology/Engineering
About Us NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
The Technology organization provides strategic guidance, innovative technological solutions, customer service and information security to business units, brands and employees across NBCUniversal. The Technology organization works to simplify and improve our clients’ experiences with technology while developing innovation solutions that transform how we shape the future of media and entertainment.
Career Level Experienced
Country United States
City Universal City
NBCUniversal is looking for a dynamic, forward thinking executive to collaborate with the leadership team of Technology in its ever increasing quest to bring great value to the business. The Vice President of Operations & Support Applications, under the leadership of the Senior Vice President/CIO Enterprise Applications (EA), will be instrumental in ensuring the successful execution of the EA organizations mission: To be the engine that propels every NBCU community to levels of productivity, efficiency, and creativity not yet imagined. This role will be a senior partner with O&TS/studio operations leadership and will be responsible for establishing and delivering the IT strategy and services to include, but not limited to scheduling, badging, physical access controls, asset management, facility management, etc. This role would manage approximately 25 employees, along with numerous contractors and external service providers. The ideal candidate will need to be focused on leading and developing a dynamic team, collaborating across the NBCU landscape, optimizing systems and operations as well as implementing long range plans and installing key foundational technologies that deliver business value. NBC Universal is looking for a seasoned and savvy leader able to operate at multiple levels and bring in forward thinking operations and engineering expertise.
• Operate Portfolio services to meet committed SLA’s
• Design, plan, and execute programs which support and enable the O&TS/studios vision.
• Lead a professional team of approximately 25 plus additional external contractors and services.
• Manage to a capital/operating budget, typically $7-10 million a year.
• Work to develop consistent practices and solutions across multiple sites across NBCUniversal.
• Communicate efficiently with clients, executives, and major stakeholders to insure needs are proactively gathered, expectations properly set and met, and that priorities and dollars are balanced to business priorities.
• Identify and communicate long term operational best practice objectives and then help guide short term projects and decisions to help constantly navigate towards long term goals.
• Coach and develop team members, insuring the ‘hands on’ teams are positioned for success in managing their tools, equipment, software and responses.
• Review vendor proposals, contracts, and programs, along with other critical contracted services, to help insure the best possible service and programs are in place..
• Build strong relationships with business leaders across the NBCU portfolio to advise on collaboration matters and highlight collaboration priorities.
• Minimum 10 years of experience in Operations (facilities, studio Operations, etc.) within a large corporation with a diverse portfolio of businesses and assets, such as studio production facilities, theme parks and office settings.
• Significant experience successfully leading a corporate operations IT team
• Proven ability to build and sustain excellent relationships, through clear and effective communication, with all levels of management across functions and divisions domestically and internationally
• Excellent verbal and written communication, presentation skills, time management and organizational skills
• Experience with financial analysis, building and presenting a business case and budget oversight
• Successful track record building consensus and influencing senior leadership and stakeholders in order to implement strategy and achieve results in times that can be fast-paced, pressurized and of high volume
• Proven ability to influence, engage, and motivate direct and indirect reports, peers and external clients and vendors in a high matrix environment
• Excellent judgment and creative problem solving skills, including negotiation and conflict resolution skills
• Proven ability to manage and maintain confidential information
• Exceptionally strong multi-tasking skills and proven ability to handle competing priorities under tight deadlines with attention to detail
• Bachelor’s degree in a relatable field
• Experience leading complex studio and facility operations and engineering solution delivery across a multi-site environment.
• Proven leadership to challenge the status quo, introduce new and better ways of delivering results, and make difficult decisions and lead through change.
• Experience leading teams of professionals, mentoring, developing, coaching; making the most of every headcount asset.
• Able to organize, prioritize and execute numerous complex projects in parallel.
• Effective communication skills-able to build and present compelling business cases at the senior leadership level.
• Experience at a media/entertainment company a plus
• Advanced degree in information technology or related field
• Experience with badging systems such as Lenel
• Experience with facilities management solutions, such as Emcor
• Experience with scheduling solutions such as Xytec, SchedulAll, etc.
We are an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. Clickto view the NBCUniversal Candidate Privacy Statement.