NBC Universal VP, UX & Collaboration in Universal City, California
Job Number 34520BR
Job Title VP, UX & Collaboration
Business Segment Operations & Technical Services
Posting Category Technology/Engineering
About Us NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
The Technology organization provides strategic guidance, innovative technological solutions, customer service and information security to business units, brands and employees across NBCUniversal. The Technology organization works to simplify and improve our clients’ experiences with technology while developing innovation solutions that transform how we shape the future of media and entertainment.
Career Level Experienced
Country United States
City Universal City
NBCUniversal is looking for a dynamic, forward thinking executive to collaborate with the leadership team of Technology in its ever increasing quest to bring great value to the business. The Vice President of End User Experience & Collaboration, under the leadership of the Senior Vice President/CIO Enterprise Applications(EA), will be instrumental in ensuring the successful execution of the EA organizations mission: To be the engine that propels every NBCU community to levels of productivity, efficiency, and creativity not yet imagined. Working with the different business segments across NBCU, from film and TV to cable and news, the Vice President End User Experience & Collaboration will be responsible for developing and bringing to life our end user experience and collaboration services strategy, which includes improving the UI/UX of our portfolio, coupled with evolving and simplifying the collaboration tool landscape and our web presence. This role would manage approximately 20 employees, along with numerous contractors and external service providers. The ideal candidate will need to be focused on leading and developing a dynamic team, collaborating across the NBCU landscape, optimizing systems and operations as well as implementing long range plans and installing key foundational technologies that deliver business value. NBC Universal is looking for a seasoned and savvy leader able to operate at multiple levels and bring in forward thinking operations and engineering expertise.
• Operate Portfolio services to meet committed SLA’s
• Design, plan, and execute programs which support web and collaboration services that enable our end user experience vision.
• Lead a professional team of approximately 20 plus additional external contractors and services.
• Manage to a capital/operating budget, typically $10 Million a year.
• Work to develop consistent practices and solutions across multiple sites across NBCUniversal.
• Communicate efficiently with clients, executives, and major stakeholders to insure needs are proactively gathered, expectations properly set and met, and that priorities and dollars are balanced to business priorities.
• Identify and communicate long term operational best practice objectives and then help guide short term projects and decisions to help constantly navigate towards long term goals.
• Coach and develop team members, insuring the ‘hands on’ teams are positioned for success in managing their tools, equipment, software and responses.
• Review vendor proposals, contracts, and programs, along with other critical contracted services, to help insure the best possible service and programs are in place..
• Build strong relationships with business leaders across the NBCU portfolio to advise on collaboration matters and highlight collaboration priorities.
• Minimum 10 years of experience in collaboration tools and deployments within a large corporation with a diverse portfolio of businesses and assets, such as studio production facilities, theme parks and office settings
• Significant experience successfully leading a corporate collaboration IT team
• Proven ability to build and sustain excellent relationships, through clear and effective communication, with all levels of management across functions and divisions domestically and internationally
• Excellent verbal and written communication, presentation skills, time management and organizational skills
• Experience with financial analysis, building and presenting a business case and budget oversight
• Successful track record building consensus and influencing senior leadership and stakeholders in order to implement strategy and achieve results in times that can be fast-paced, pressurized and of high volume
• Proven ability to influence, engage, and motivate direct and indirect reports, peers and external clients and vendors in a high matrix environment
• Excellent judgment and creative problem solving skills, including negotiation and conflict resolution skills
• Proven ability to manage and maintain confidential information
• Exceptionally strong multi-tasking skills and proven ability to handle competing priorities under tight deadlines with attention to detail
• Bachelor’s degree in a relatable field
• UI/UX certification and design experience
• Experience at a media/entertainment company a plus
• Successfully led and managed of a team based locally and remotely
• Advanced degree in information technology or related field
• Experience with CISCO collaboration suite of products
• Experience with Microsoft suite of collaboration and messaging products
• Experience with other industry leading collaboration products such as Slack, Google suite, etc.
• Experience with mobile development and deployments
We are an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. Clickto view the NBCUniversal Candidate Privacy Statement.