NBC Universal Sales & Distribution Liaison Executive in Beijing, China
Job Number 40643BR
Job Title Sales & Distribution Liaison Executive
Business Segment Filmed Entertainment Group
Sub-Business International UPI
Posting Category Sales
About Us For almost a century, Universal has been known for its diverse slate of films, including classics such as Jaws, the Jurassic Park series, Mamma Mia, Fast and Furious and Bourne. UPI owns and operates direct theatrical marketing and distribution of feature films in many locations around the globe including Austria, Australia, France, Germany, Italy, Korea, Mexico, Netherlands, Russia, Spain, Switzerland and UK & Eire. In other territories UPI market and distribute movies through its JV offices, as well as in select territories, licensees who are contracted to distribute on UPI's behalf.
State - -
• Assist Head of Distribution in the coordination and release of theatrical content within the China markets.
• Assist the team in the preparation of materials for exhibitor, China Film and Hua Xia meetings.
• Coordinate with China Film and Hua Xia regarding the import process and documentation for the distribution of selected Universal titles and locally co-produced and co-financed titles and content.
• Visit with film exhibitors and support the development of strong customer relationships with clients across the region, cultivating long term relationships with key and new exhibition clients.
• Produce date sheet planning and construction in collaboration with Sales team, towards provision of actual release templates.
• Help organise exhibitor screenings and feedback events where appropriate.
• Support the negotiation process for film license contracts within China.
• Support the Sales and Marketing teams in the execution of marketing campaigns for each theatrical release.
• Work with the International distribution teams in London and the US on event management and execution, administration and reporting requirements.
• Help maintain relationships with current and future media partners and exhibitors across the territory
• Liaise with headquarters on administrative subjects and communications as required.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Substantive experience within theatrical market in China a significant advantage
• Demonstrable experience of working within a theatrical distribution support role.
• Good knowledge of the Chinese theatrical market and landscape.
• Experience in supporting and working closely with a senior management team
• Able to work to deadlines coupled with experience of working within a dynamic and fast paced demanding environment.
• Able to work effectively in a complex, matrixed multinational organisation
• Comfortable dealing with senior management and international contacts
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to work with confidential and sensitive information in a discrete manner
• Commercially aware individual with proven ability to identify and drive strategy within an international environment
• Sense of humour and practical attitude
• Eligibility to work in Greater China
• Fluent English and Mandarin
• Educated to degree level
The responsibilities associated with this position are not limited to the above description and may be modified at any time by the Company.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.