NBC Universal Global Media Technician - QC in Centennial, Colorado
Job Number 40423BR
Job Title Global Media Technician - QC
Business Segment Operations & Technology
Sub-Business Global Media Operations
Posting Category Technology/Engineering
About Us At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
Country United States
• Minimum 1 year of experience in a production, post production, broadcast, or communications environment
• Minimum 2 years of experience in a job or school related activity using computers and software applications including MS outlook, MS Word, & MS Excel.
• Knowledge of various media formats/VTRs (Digibeta, HDcam, XDcam), file types (QT, WMV, MXF, DNX, DV, etc) and video standards (NTSC, PAL)
• Basic understanding of digital video/audio including compression codecs, file systems, file transfer applications and Content Distribution Management (FTP, Pitch Blue, Pathfire, etc.)
Additional Job Requirements:
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through nbcunicareers.com to be considered (note job #).
• Must be willing to work Centennial, CO.
• Must have unrestricted employment authorization to work in the United States.
• Must have flexibility with work schedule; must be able to work late hours, weekends, holidays and occasional special events when needed for this 24/7 operation.
• Bachelors or 2 year degree in Communications or Media
• Experience in international broadcast operations or media especially in a quality control capacity.
• A team player, who is always respectful, follows rules and policy, has good communication skills, and maintains a positive attitude.
• A punctual, hardworking, disciplined, and dependable individual
• Experience in a fast paced, quick turn and/or live broadcast environment.
• Fluency or intermediate understanding of other languages
• Understanding of international files standards & frame rates
• 2-5 years of experience in the multi-channel broadcast facility doing content-prep and quality-control work
• Professional experience with SD & HD tape decks and/or file formats and specifications.
• Intermediate understanding of audio and video signal flow (waveform monitors, vector scopes, patch bay and routing systems)
• Prior experience using Media Asset Management (MAM) and centralized workflow software.
• Operational familiarity with content distribution technologies such as Aspera, Signiant, Pathfire and Pitch Blue
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.