NBC Universal News Producer in El Paso, Texas
Job Number 40433BR
Job Title News Producer
Business Segment Owned Stations & Affiliate Relations
Sub-Business NBCUOTS - TLM KTDO
Posting Category TV Content & Production
About Us At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
Telemundo Station Group, part of the NBCUniversal Owned Television Stations division of NBCUniversal, is comprised of 28 owned television stations in the U.S. and Puerto Rico. Producing and broadcasting more than 7,000 hours of unique and relevant local content each year, including award-winning news, public affairs, and entertainment programming, Telemundo Station Group serves Spanish-speaking viewers in the metropolitan areas of Los Angeles, San Diego, New York, Miami-Fort Lauderdale, Fort Myers, Orlando, Tampa, Houston, Dallas-Fort Worth, El Paso, McAllen, Chicago, San Francisco Bay Area, San Antonio, Phoenix, Harlingen, Fresno, Denver, Philadelphia, Las Vegas, Boston, Tucson, Washington, DC, Connecticut, and Puerto Rico. In Addition, Telemundo Station Group operates TeleXitos, the national multicast network that offers viewers popular action and adventure television series and feature films in Spanish. The group also provides support to Telemundo affiliates across the country and manages dedicated local websites and applications, as well as a robust digital out-of-home operation.
Country United States
City El Paso
• Bachelor’s degree in Journalism.
• 1 to 2 years News Producer experience.
• Able to work a Flexible Schedule and Shifts, including weekends and evenings.
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through nbcunicareers.com
• Ability to speak, read and write fluently in Spanish.
• Ability to understand and communicate in English.
• Must be willing to work in El Paso, TX.
• Must be 18 years or older.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Candidate must be highly flexible and comfortable multi-tasking.
• Adept at working in a team setting under tight deadlines.
• Strong problem-solving skills.
• Desire to explore and create new content avenues and models.
• Non-linear editing experience.
• Knowledge of I-News, ENPS.
• Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and successfully manage multiple assignments concurrently.
• Great skills timing the show and ability to overcome unforeseen challenges while on air.
• Proven ability to multi-task and work under pressure; off or on the air.
• Strong news judgment and journalistic skills a must.
• Strong interpersonal skills: Must be energetic, motivated and work well with others
• Proactive thinker/self-starter.
• Detail oriented.
• Quick thinker.
• Strong communication skills, including verbal and interpersonal.
• Knowledge of digital and new media platforms and integration (Web, Mobile, Social Media).
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.