NBC Universal Broadcast Engineer, CNBC in Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey
Job Number 39860BR
Job Title Broadcast Engineer, CNBC
Business Segment CNBC
Sub-Business CNBC Technical Operations
Posting Category Technology/Engineering
About Us At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
With CNBC in the U.S., CNBC in Asia Pacific, CNBC in Europe, Middle East and Africa, CNBC World and CNBC HD, CNBC is the recognized world leader in business news and provides real-time financial market coverage and business information to approximately 371 million homes worldwide, including more than 100 million households in the United States and Canada. CNBC also provides daily business updates to 400 million households across China. The network's 15 live hours a day of business programming in North America (weekdays from 4:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. ET) is produced at CNBC's global headquarters in Englewood Cliffs, N.J., and includes reports from CNBC News bureaus worldwide. CNBC at night features a mix of new reality programming, CNBC's highly successful series produced exclusively for CNBC and a number of distinctive in-house documentaries.
CNBC also has a vast portfolio of digital products which deliver real-time financial market news and information across a variety of platforms. These include CNBC.com, the online destination for global business; CNBC PRO, the premium, integrated desktop/mobile service that provides real-time global market data and live access to CNBC global programming; and a suite of CNBC Mobile products including the CNBC Real-Time iPhone and iPad Apps.
Country United States
State New Jersey
City Englewood Cliffs
• Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Information Technology, Broadcast Engineering or equivalent industry experience
• Knowledge of broadcast television technologies including Analog/SD/HD SDI Video, 5.1 multi-channel audio, Audio/Video/IP signal routers, Control Room facilities, character generators/graphics play out systems, video servers, VTRs, digital compression, satellite and RF systems and broadcast test and measurement equipment. Additionally, knowledge of IP based broadcast systems and the emerging standards as well as the vendor’s products conformance to such standards.
• Knowledge of IT based technologies/processes including Networking, SAN and NAS Storage architectures, asset management systems, server technologies including hardware architectures, real-time systems and custom application development
• Strong understanding of Broadcast Engineering standards and practices including the newly emerged SMPTE standards in support of Video over IP.
• Networking and operating system trouble shooting skills in a broadcast video environment are essential.
• Minimum of 10 years’ experience as a Technologist supporting 24x7 Production environment.
• Minimum 10 years’ experience working with IT infrastructure and systems
• Minimum 10 years’ experience with Systems Design work and as well as some degree of Project management experience
• Demonstrated success in leading technical projects to successful conclusions
• High degree of self-motivation and ability to work independently
• Be anxious to develop and advance their skill sets to keep pace with the rapidly evolving technologies of our industry.
• Excellent interpersonal, written/verbal communication and organizational skills.
• Be process-oriented and able to apply structure to complex problems
• Be 'customer'-focused and have the ability to communicate complex concepts to non-technical groups
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.