NBC Universal Distribution Project Engineer in Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey
Job Number 39977BR
Job Title Distribution Project Engineer
Business Segment Operations & Technology
Posting Category Technology/Engineering
About Us At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
Country United States
State New Jersey
City Englewood Cliffs
• BS/BA or equivalent work experience
• 2+ years experience in engineering project management
• 5+ years experience as hands-on engineer in Video Distribution, Production and/or Broadcast environment
• Strong understanding of user and system support, including TCP/IP, Ethernet cabling, infrastructure devices, video/audio cabling
• Understand of audio/ video processing and compression systems as well as other common broadcast systems
• Working knowledge and understanding of Network Infrastructure, DNS, Cisco switches, routers and firewalls
• Proficient in MS Office a must, and a working knowledge of AutoDesk AutoCAD software
• Excellent Troubleshooting skills
• Excellent verbal and documentation skills
• Considered as a subject matter expert in one of the following: RF/Terrestrial video distribution networks, video compression/encryption, IP technologies, broadcast architecture, virtualized environments, other video distribution architectures and systems.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.