NBC Universal Entertainment Anchor in Fort Lee, New Jersey
Job Number 41071BR
Job Title Entertainment Anchor
Business Segment Owned Stations & Affiliate Relations
Sub-Business NBCUOTS - TLM WNJU
Posting Category TV Content & Production
About Us At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
Country United States
State New Jersey
City Fort Lee
• English/Spanish required; both written and verbal
• Experience as an assignment reporter in addition to 7+ years as an anchor preferred
• Must be willing to work in Fort Lee, New Jersey
• Willingness to travel and work overtime, and on weekends with short notice
• Able to work a flexible schedules and shifts, including nights and weekends.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be able to work any shift, including weekends and holidays
• Must be 18 years or older
• Bachelor’s degree in Communication related field
• Experience as an anchor
• Excellent writing skills as well as very strong speech skills
• Strong live reporting skills are necessary.
• Able to handle working under the pressure of intense deadlines
• Has the ability to work effectively with others in a team environment.
• Demonstrated ability to enterprise, research and plan stories
• Demonstrated experience generating and producing news stories
• Prior experience delivering taped and live reports
• Can act decisively under stress and tight deadlines
• Ability to work flexible hours (including weekends)
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.