NBC Universal Assignment Desk/Editor in Las Vegas, Nevada
Job Number 40027BR
Job Title Assignment Desk/Editor
Business Segment Owned Stations & Affiliate Relations
Sub-Business NBCUOTS - TLM KBLR
Posting Category TV Content & Production
About Us At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
Telemundo Station Group, part of the NBCUniversal Owned Television Stations division of NBCUniversal, is comprised of 28 owned television stations in the U.S. and Puerto Rico. Producing and broadcasting more than 7,000 hours of unique and relevant local content each year, including award-winning news, public affairs, and entertainment programming, Telemundo Station Group serves Spanish-speaking viewers in the metropolitan areas of Los Angeles, San Diego, New York, Miami-Fort Lauderdale, Fort Myers, Orlando, Tampa, Houston, Dallas-Fort Worth, El Paso, McAllen, Chicago, San Francisco Bay Area, San Antonio, Phoenix, Harlingen, Fresno, Denver, Philadelphia, Las Vegas, Boston, Tucson, Washington, DC, Connecticut, and Puerto Rico. In Addition, Telemundo Station Group operates TeleXitos, the national multicast network that offers viewers popular action and adventure television series and feature films in Spanish. The group also provides support to Telemundo affiliates across the country and manages dedicated local websites and applications, as well as a robust digital out-of-home operation.
Country United States
City Las Vegas
• 3+ years’ experience as a news manager and in a news desk operations in related field including managerial experience of a mid-size team (5-15) of professional individuals.
• Minimum 2 years of experience working in Spanish market broadcast television.
• A degree in journalism or a closely related field is required.
• Bi-lingual (strong English/Spanish) required both written and verbal.
• Willingness and ability to work long hours, late nights and weekends as required.
• Ability to react quickly and urgently to breaking news .
• Willing to submit to a background investigation.
• Work at the Las Vegas NV station.
• Proven ability to multi-task and work well under pressure and have the ability to train, coach, and motivate staff members in a positive way to advance their skills and bring out the very best in each of them.
• Advanced oral and written communication skills.
• Experience working with city officials and PIO’s and solid market knowledge and DMA.
• High level of experience in technical expertise across emerging multi-media platforms.
• Good collaborative and interpersonal skills to communicate at all levels.
• Knowledgeable about FCC rules and laws pertaining to news broadcasting in multi-media platforms and employment and labor regulations.
• Possess strong writing, producing, creative, management and leadership skills.
• Must be creative, innovative, have an extremely hands on managing style, and be able to create and execute a winning strategy across multiple platforms.
• Must be a fierce competitor who plays to win.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.