NBC Universal Counsel, Business & Legal Affairs in Miami, Florida
Job Number 40336BR
Job Title Counsel, Business & Legal Affairs
Business Segment Telemundo Enterprises
Sub-Business TLMD Business & Legal Affairs
Posting Category Legal & Business Affairs
About Us At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
The Business & Legal Affairs Department supports the various business units of Telemundo Media principally in the area of content acquisition, development, production, licensing and distribution.
The Counsel, Business & Legal Affairs is an entry level attorney position that will support the VP – Business & Legal Affairs and other attorneys in the department.
Country United States
• JD degree and US bar membership.
• 2-4 years’ previous experience as a lawyer in an entertainment law firm or business/legal affairs position at a network or entertainment company.
• Superior communication, interpersonal, drafting, analytical and organizational skills.
• Excellent written and verbal skills. Ability to conduct business bilingually in Spanish and English preferred.
• Proficient in Outlook Calendar, Contacts.
• Proficient in Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered.
• Must be willing to work in Doral, Florida.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Must be 18 years or older.
• Willingness to travel and work on weekends with short notice.
• Must be available to work all shifts, including early mornings, evenings, holidays, weekends, late breaking news and hurricane emergencies.
• Must be willing to facilitate personnel requirements including late and/or last minute scheduling changes in a 24/7 production work environment.
• Ability to respond quickly and effectively to client concerns, questions and issues.
• High level of integrity and discretion.
• Ability to juggle multiple projects and tasks.
• Ability to work with a large and disperse team of many different backgrounds.
• Excellent client service and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to exercise proper judgment to assess priorities.
• Resourceful, proactive, assertive, detail-oriented and energetic.
• Self-starter, high level of motivation, ability to work independently.
• Ability to adapt to changing responsibilities and multiple assignments.
• Excellent organization and follow up skills.
• Ability to work well under pressure and with tight time constraints.
• Proven ability to make effective decisions and solve problems.
• Superior time management and organizational skills.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.