NBC Universal Cyber Security Tools Engineer in Minneapolis, Minnesota
Job Number 39995BR
Job Title Cyber Security Tools Engineer
Business Segment Operations & Technology
Posting Category Technology/Engineering
About Us At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
Country United States
• Familiarity with cybersecurity principles and best practices, whether from academic exposure and projects or professional experience
• Comfort and enthusiasm for writing software (Python preferred) to solve problems
• Interest in emerging technologies, passion for experimenting.
• Basic system administration knowledge on Windows or Linux.
• Experience collecting and organizing data in various formats (Excel, CSV, JSON) and synthesizing results
• Experience working in security engineering or operations – building, managing, or using security technologies in a business environment.
Additional Job Requirements:
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Must be willing to work in Minneapolis
• Bonus points for experience with threat-centric, intelligence-based security operations. (1 – 3 years preferred)
• Flexible, with a creative approach to problem solving, with demonstrated track record of aligning technical objectives and programs to enterprise objectives and strategies
• Highly collaborative; personally, and professionally self-aware; able to and interested in interacting with employees at all levels; embody integrity; and represent and inspire the highest ethical standards.
• Strong Python development background – experience with dependency management, revision control, test and documentation approaches and frameworks, data structures, etc.
• Intellectual capability and curiosity to learn complex processes.
• A dedicated and self-driven desire to think creatively and produce results
• Ability to work with and gain the trust of business stakeholders, technical resources, and third-party vendors
• Strong sense of urgency and commitment – able to meet deadlines and ask clarifying questions to understand and ensure work matches longer-term objectives
• Passion for and interest in media and entertainment industry highly desired
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.