NBC Universal WTVJ APC Associate in Miramar, Florida
Job Number 40470BR
Job Title WTVJ APC Associate
Business Segment Owned Stations & Affiliate Relations
Sub-Business NBCUOTS - WTVJ
Posting Category Technology/Engineering
About Us At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
Country United States
• Minimum of 2 years previous related production work experience in one or more of the following areas: Director, Assistant Director, Electronic Graphics, audio, camera operations and/or camera robotics.
• Strong Computer Skills: Minimum 3 years of experience with computer applications working and monitoring multiple screens and software applications simultaneously in a broadcast environment.
• Able to work extended and flexible hours including weekends, during hurricanes, emergency situations and breaking news.
• Must be willing to work at the station in Miramar location
• Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
• Must be 18 years or older
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU’s Alternative Dispute Resolution Program.
Interested candidates can apply on line at www.nbcunicareers.com
• Knowledge of television production techniques and operating production equipment
• 1+ years experience with Automated Production Control systems (Ross OverDrive or Grass Valley Ignite preferred)
• Associates or BA degree in Telecommunications or related field or currently enrolled in a college working toward a degree preferred
• Should be capable or willing to learn and perform the skill set of APC Operator
• Displays a positive work ethic and can work under tight deadlines
• High degree of integrity and professionalism
• Up to date on and interested in current news events
• Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills
• Ability to work well and communicate with others
• Familiarity with iNEWS, ENPS, Dalet or equivalent newsroom computer systems
• Familiarity with Omneon, EVS, or other server based playback operation
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.