NBC Universal WTVJ Assignment Desk Editor in Miramar, Florida
Job Number 41209BR
Job Title WTVJ Assignment Desk Editor
Business Segment Owned Stations & Affiliate Relations
Sub-Business NBCUOTS - WTVJ
Posting Category TV Content & Production
About Us At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
Country United States
• Must submit a resume/CV online
• Able to work weekends and flexible hours (including overnights) depending upon news coverage & able to return to work in emergencies.
• Must be willing to work at the station in Miramar location
• Must be 18 years or older
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU’s Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
• Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism or Political Science preferred.
• Prior experience at an assignment desk.
• Experience in local news coverage.
• Strong resources and contacts in the community.
• Solid news judgment and awareness of local and national news.
• Ability to solve problems, prioritize decisions and act decisively under stress and tight deadlines.
• Strong ability to assign, direct and supervise broadcast news coverage.
• Strong research skills.
• Basic computer skills.
• Bilingual (Spanish/English)
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.