NBC Universal WTVJ Associate Producer in Miramar, Florida
Job Number 41208BR
Job Title WTVJ Associate Producer
Business Segment Owned Stations & Affiliate Relations
Sub-Business NBCUOTS - WTVJ
Posting Category TV Content & Production
About Us At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
Country United States
• A Bachelor’s degree in Broadcasting, Journalism or equivalent work experience
• Minimum 1 year experience writing, producing and editing (non-linear) on an electronic news producing system
• Able to work a Flexible Schedule and Shifts, including weekends, overnights and evenings
• Must be willing to work at the station in Miramar location
• Must be 18 years or older
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• No relocation benefits available.
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU’s Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
• Strong news writing skills
• Ability to write, edit, produce and gather content under heavy deadline pressure, without compromising accuracy or credibility
• Able to work extended and flexible hours during hurricanes, emergency situations and breaking news
• Experience in a news environment
• Knowledge and understanding of various media platforms, including broadcast, web and mobile
• Strong computer skills
• Passion to develop and present story ideas
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.