NBC Universal WTVJ/WSCV Digital Deputy Editor in Miramar, Florida
Job Number 39663BR
Job Title WTVJ/WSCV Digital Deputy Editor
Business Segment Owned Stations & Affiliate Relations
Sub-Business NBCUOTS - WTVJ
Posting Category Digital Media
About Us At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
Country United States
• At least 2 years experience as an editor, senior writer or senior producer at a major news organization or blog that creates content under tight deadlines.
• Must be a skilled writer with outstanding communication skills.
• Experience editing video and creating photo galleries is very desirable.
• Must be able to work early morning, night and weekend hours when demanded by the group, breaking news or other editorial responsibilities.
• Undergraduate degree, preferably in journalism, political science or English.
• Work overtime and on weekends.
• Must be willing to work at the station’s Miramar location.
• Must be willing to take drug test and submit to a background investigation.
• Must be 18 years or older.
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU’s Alternative Dispute Resolution Program.
• Working knowledge of digital media technology, particularly content-management tools.
• Blogging, wire service, newspaper rewrite or 24-hour cable news background.
• Proficient in English and Spanish both written and verbal.
• Must be a team player with a positive attitude and be available to work long hours, various schedules, late nights, weekends, and/or holidays, under tight deadline pressure.
• Willingness to work in high risk emergency situations (e.g., hurricanes)
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.