NBC Universal Data Manager in New York, New York
Job Number 39598BR
Job Title Data Manager
Business Segment Ad Sales
Sub-Business Ad Sales Business Operations & Strategy
Posting Category Sales
About Us At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
We are in the business of helping our sales and research partners to use vast amounts of consumer data and alternative TV viewing sources to change how traditional (Linear) TV advertising is packaged, sold, planned, delivered, optimized and measured. If you are looking to join a small agile team of disruptors looking to change how TV advertising works, look no further! NBCUniversal is looking for a passionate, results oriented and motivated self-starter to support development and innovation on our new Audience Targeting Platform. The Audience Targeting Platform (ATP) is NBCUniversal’s groundbreaking, companywide initiative to change the very nature of how Linear TV is bought and sold. This platform will allow us to move away from using demographic proxies for buying advertising on our programs to using consumer behavior based audience segments.
Country United States
State New York
City New York
• BA/BS degree required; advanced degree a plus.
• 5+ years professional experience in media and/or advertising analytics. TV analytic experience preferred.
• Ability to take ownership of open-ended problems and drive them to completion
• Highly self-motivated and entrepreneurial spirit.
• Strong presentation development, verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
• Strong understanding of data and targeting capabilities within the advertising field, both on the buy and sell sides, including familiarity with 3rd party data providers
• Experience with data vendor management and/or project management.
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY
• Experience positioning data for ad sales teams and clients; ability to “tell a story” with data
• Self-starter with the capacity to deliver on multiple projects, contribute new ideas, meet tight deadlines, and be decisive under pressure
• Proficiency in statistics, a broad spectrum of research methodologies, and exploratory data analyses and tools. Working knowledge of statistical software tools (SPSS, SAS, Tableau, etc.) and/or data mining querying (SQL) preferred
• Familiarity with traditional TV measurement (Nielsen) and media math
• Familiarity with set-top-box analytics platforms such as Rentrak and/or ComScore preferred
• Experience with consumer data and digital analytics platforms (e.g. Simmons, MRI, comScore, etc.) a plus
• Familiarity with existing and emerging cross-screen measurement methodologies
• Familiarity with advertising operations and how ads are delivered and measured across media platforms
• Solid understanding of the advertising landscape in terms of how data is leveraged and linked within and across platforms for both targeting and measurement purposes.
• Solid understanding of the major data platforms and players in the space
• Experience working with vendors to develop primary research initiatives (qualitative and/or quantitative custom research)
• Strategic thinker with ability to think “out of the box” for measurement solutions that go beyond existing business and technology limitations
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to motivate, influence and work collaboratively
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.