NBC Universal Category Manager, Softlines in Shanghai, China
Job Number 41200BR
Job Title Category Manager, Softlines
Business Segment Filmed Entertainment Group
Sub-Business International Consumer Products
Posting Category Sales
About Us Universal Brand Development globally drives expansion of the company’s intellectual properties, franchises, characters and stories through innovative physical and digital products, content, and consumer experiences. Along with franchise brand management, Universal Brand Development’s core businesses include Consumer Products, Games and Digital Platforms, and Live Experiences based on the company's extensive portfolio of intellectual properties created by Universal Pictures, Illumination Entertainment, DreamWorks Animation, as well as NBCUniversal cable and television. Universal Brand Development is a business segment of Universal Filmed Entertainment Group, and part of NBCUniversal, a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
State - -
• Set and execute a long-term business development strategy for categories in charge that takes into account regional opportunities and specificities.
• Manage the Soft Line P&L to deliver (or exceed) annual revenue targets. Provide quarterly business forecasts to evaluate progress against budget. Highlight any upsides or sensitivities.
• Develop a clear growth strategy for categories in charge (including financial targets) and benchmark progress.
• Identify opportunities and fill gaps by product sub-category, age segment, market channel and franchise.
• Partner with the Creative team to drive quality and champion innovation in local product development. Ensure timely product approvals in line with industry needs.
• Responsible for developing and managing a portfolio of licensees to grow the CP business. Critically evaluate the licensee base to ensure we have the right amount and best quality partners.
• Direct management of key Global & Regional licensees.
• Negotiate the best deals (in line with CP guidelines and business objectives) and manage the process from contract to product development and execution. Provide input into global deals to ensure regional needs are met and leverage global deals locally.
• Determine where DTR relationships could enhance our business and negotiate/manage these deals.
• Develop a clear franchise growth plan for your markets for all of the core properties and identify market-specific opportunities
• Brief additional creative assets where required to meet market needs
• Work with the retail team to identify the key retail partners for your region. Develop relationships with the decision makers at your Key Accounts.
• Understand key seasonality and a important dates on the retail calendar
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Strategic thinker able to communicate a compelling vision for the business
• Substantive experience in international licensing and product merchandising within the region
• Current network of strong relationships with licensees, distributors and retailers within the territory
• Background in building brands across various channels of distribution
• Proven track record delivering growth and solid analytical/financial skills
• Proven ability pitching and negotiating skills with the ability to close deals
• Self-motivated professional with ability to work independently and take charge
• Strong people person able to influence others
• Ability to customize / create sales presentations and other materials as needed
• Ability to think strategically about the changing marketplace & consumer shopping patterns
• Well versed in dealing with senior leadership, outside 3rd parties, talent and international contacts
• Ability to work with confidential and sensitive information in a discrete manner
• Excellent communication skills with attention to detail and the ability to develop and deliver clear and consistent messages across many different stakeholders
• Fluent in English and Mandarin Chinese
• Commercially aware individual with proven ability to identify and drive strategy
• Proven record of working cross functionally with colleagues
• Ability to identify key priorities within a heavy workload and execute on them
• Ambassador of the business with sufficient stature internally and externally to represent the business positively
• Intellectually strong
• Able to travel
• Sense of humor and practical attitude
• University and above degree required
• 5 years above brand licensing related experience preferred
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.