NBC Universal Finance Analyst in Shanghai, China
Job Number 39684BR
Job Title Finance Analyst
Business Segment Filmed Entertainment Group
Sub-Business International UPI
Posting Category Finance
About Us For almost a century, Universal has been known for its diverse slate of films, including classics such as Jaws, the Jurassic Park series, Mamma Mia, Fast and Furious and Bourne. UPI owns and operates direct theatrical marketing and distribution of feature films in many locations around the globe including Austria, Australia, France, Germany, Italy, Korea, Mexico, Netherlands, Russia, Spain, Switzerland and UK & Eire. In other territories UPI market and distribute movies through its JV offices, as well as in select territories, licensees who are contracted to distribute on UPI's behalf.
State - -
Accurate books and records:
Work with JCK (outsourced book keeping firm) on monthly and quarterly closes to ensure accurate financial bookings and accurate/timely reporting of financials and balance sheet reviews to senior management team and International/ LA HQ stakeholders. Ensures full compliance of the statutory books with respect to current local statutory and taxation legislation. Ensure accounting compliant with US GAAP.
Work closely with China’s fast growing brand development business (CPG and DPG) on credit and collection, Rev Rec process; Provide financial reports and analysis to drive financial efficiency and monitor the risks; Collaborate with China FP&A, London and LA HQ teams of all systems implementations and improvement.
Insightful financial reporting and analysis:
Provide monthly and quarterly financial reporting, variances analysis for P&L and cash, discuss with team on findings/observations and improvement plan. Deliver the regular financial analysis reports to management team and International/ LA HQ stakeholders.
Support all other finance / operation related projects given the fast growing nature of China business, work as a team to support China finance training, system implementations and improvement, and other ad hoc tasks.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Qualified accountant with solid accounting background , technical accounting expertise (US GAAP, IFRS, local Chinese Accounting compliance)
• At least 3-5 years relevant experience in working within a global, multi-culture organization is preferred
• Relevant experience of business partnership and ability to work with other functions (sales, marketing, programming, etc.)
• Good communication skills and the ability to present and explain complex concepts in a simple manner
• Both FP&A and Controllership related skills and mind-set
• Able to develop and report business performance, understand metrics and able to explain to outside of finance organizations
• SAP/ERP expertise highly desirable
• Excellent analytical and critical thinking ability
• Attention to detail and ability to work with large amounts of data in SAP, excel, other financial systems
• Demonstrated ability to deliver on multiple assignments, meet tight deadlines, be effective and decisive under pressure
• Ability to adapt and work well in a fast-paced, results-oriented and rapidly changing environment
• Interpersonal and influencing skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Driven and prepared to take a hands-on and pro-active approach
• Eligibility to work in Greater China
• Educated to degree level
The responsibilities associated with this position are not limited to the above description and may be modified at any time by the Company
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.