NBC Universal Analytics Manager in Universal City, California
Job Number 39680BR
Job Title Analytics Manager
Business Segment Operations & Technology
Sub-Business West Coast Studio Ops
Posting Category Strategy & Business Development
About Us At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
Country United States
City Universal City
• Minimum 5-7 years of experience in business analytics, business planning or operations, solving complex operational/data problems, building business requirements and standardizing business reporting and processes.
• Bachelor's degree or higher in Business, Economics, Mathematics, or Statistics is preferred. MBA or Masters is a plus.
• High proficiency in data analysis, modeling and reporting. Ability to define problem, collect data, and provide creative solutions.
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills. Solid interpersonal skills with ability to interact with all levels of employee groups and management, facilitate change and exercise positive influence on various stakeholders.
• Highly motivated and effective self-starter with a proven track record of project success. Experience in a fast-paced team environment. Intellectually curious and able to manage complex projects and work independently and cross-functionally with high level guidance.
• Methodical and process oriented with superior attention to detail and strong organization skills. Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities, projects, ad hoc assignments, and deadlines.
• Proficient in MS Office with advanced expertise in Microsoft Excel. Skilled in developing PowerPoint presentations that effectively communicate ideas using graphs, charts, and other data visualization techniques.
• Knowledgeable in SQL and/or Business Objects tools and technical aptitude to advance skillset for ad-hoc queries.
• Advanced proficiency in gathering, assessing and analyzing data from multiple sources. Familiarity with business intelligence and reporting tools (MicroStrategy, Business Objects, Tableau, etc.).
• Knowledge of databases, data integration, and Business Intelligence processes is a plus.
• Master’s Degree in business, analytics, industrial engineering, quality, or related field strongly preferred.
• Knowledge of Studio departments, workflows, functions, and technologies.
• Experience in Supply Chain, Operations Management, Film & Broadcast Technology, Engineering or related field.
• Experience working with information technology systems, specifically databases and enterprise reporting tools.
• Experienced in data mining and Big Data.
• Skilled in statistical process control (SPC) and analysis.
• Additional education/certification in: Lean Six Sigma, Quality Systems, Industrial Engineering, and/or Project Management.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.