NBC Universal Associate Producer, Intellectual Property in Universal City, California
Job Number 41230BR
Job Title Associate Producer, Intellectual Property
Business Segment Parks & Resorts
Sub-Business USH Creative
Posting Category Theme Parks
About Us Universal Studios Hollywood is the Entertainment Capital of L.A. featuring a movie-based theme park and Studio Tour, and bridged by Universal CityWalk, a dynamic entertainment, shopping and dining complex. Universal Studios Hollywood is an industry leader due to its impressive talent base of highly creative professionals who inspire and produce compelling entertainment and innovative attractions that immerse guests in an authentic Hollywood experience. Universal Studios Hollywood’s team of professionals enjoys a unique culture where fun, hard work and high-quality results are priority, resulting in an employee base that is proud to work here. The company offers equally unique opportunities for employees to expand their careers within Universal Studios Hollywood, Universal Parks & Resorts, and the broader NBCUniversal family. It’s a big universe, where do you fit in?
Country United States
City Universal City
• Bachelor’s degree in Theatrical Arts, Theme Park Associated Design, and or project management related field is preferred. For Projects requiring localization, a degree in Linguistics is helpful
• Required 5-7 Years: experience in theatrical, theme park or other media related design/production field; or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Required 3-5 Years: experience in theme park design, design, and or IP management
• Experience managing and/or supporting intellectual partnership relationships
• Knowledge of design management, work planning, budgeting, scheduling, bid package preparation and variety of vendors. Superior organizational skills in tracking and reporting the status of many individual items such as submittals, Requests for Information, responses, rejections and approvals. Highly-effective communicator with the ability to explain creative subject matter to a broad slate of stakeholders, internal and external, in order to gain consensus.
• Knowledge of theme park technologies including ride, A/V, robotics, engineering, and various show systems. Knowledge of theme park related architectural, project management, organizational, and production/construction practices
• Demonstrates ability to lead creative and technical teams on attraction projects, instill a spirit of teamwork and promote staff development. Makes independent choices free from immediate supervision
• For Projects requiring localization, a working knowledge of the processes required to interpret creative intent in the supplied language and provide the same experience in the alternate language. Possesses solid aesthetic sensibilities and storytelling skills to support the creative process and to facilitate positive and productive communication between all disciplines
• Travel is required depending upon Project needs
• Must be able to work occasionally in outdoor weather conditions to include direct sunlight, heat or cold
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.