NBC Universal Social Media Editor, E! News & Online in Universal City, California
Job Number 40941BR
Job Title Social Media Editor, E! News & Online
Business Segment Cable Entertainment
Sub-Business E! Entertainment
Posting Category Digital Media
About Us At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
E! is the only global, multi-platform brand for all things pop culture. The network is currently available to 91 million cable and satellite subscribers in the U.S. "E! News" airs nightly on the network and is the leading multi-platform publisher delivering breaking entertainment news and pop culture coverage 24/7 across all digital and social media. E! programming includes popular series “Keeping Up with the Kardashians,” "Total Divas," "Botched," "Hollywood Medium with Tyler Henry" and "WAGS," as well as the network's first original scripted series The Royals." Additionally, E!'s "Live from the Red Carpet" signature events keep fans connected to their favorite stars on pop culture's biggest nights. E! is a network of NBCUniversal Cable Entertainment, a division of NBCUniversal, one of the world's leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news and information to a global audience. For more corporate information, visit www.nbcuniversal.com.
E! News is the leading daily pop culture show, featuring the biggest and most-talked about stories of the day. Hosted by Jason Kennedy, E! News covers the day’s hottest topics in pop culture and entertainment in a fast-paced, social and entertaining way tailored to a young, hyper-connected audience. Airing in more than 160 countries, E! News boasts the youngest and most affluent viewership and is the only truly cross platform pop culture brand with a monthly reach of 80MM+ people across linear and digital in the U.S. alone.
Country United States
City Universal City
• Bachelor's Degree
• Minimum 2 years of experience in social media or digital content space at a major brand / content-first entertainment company
• Demonstrable experience identifying shareable/viral content: pop culture expert fluent in what's trending and always plugged in to latest conversations
• Experience with SocialFlow (or similar social programming tools), plus thorough understanding of social insights and analytics
• Ability to abide by and enforce E!’s social media brand guidelines
• Thorough understanding of Facebook/Twitter/Instagram insights preferred
• Effective communication and experience working across multiple departments
• Excellent organization and time management skills with initiative
• A blend of collaborative skills as well as being an independent self-starter
• Flexible and has ability to shift gears quickly between multiple campaigns and projects managed.
• Cool under pressure and a pleasant while professional demeanor, both in the office and when interacting with talent for celebrity social activations on-location when assigned
• A good eye for content composition, either self-generated/created or professionally sourced
• Excellent writing skills and a sharp wit - quick with brand-appropriate pop culturally relevant social copy. Goes for the clever vs. the obvious.
• Have a natural desire to tweet when another one of your favorite celebrity couples breaks up—if you didn’t tweet about it, did it even happen?
• Must love talking about pop culture: In a group chat with your friends, at breakfast, at lunch, at dinner and especially on social media.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.