NBC Universal Social Media Specialist, E! News & Online in Universal City, California
Job Number 40083BR
Job Title Social Media Specialist, E! News & Online
Business Segment Cable Entertainment
Sub-Business E! Entertainment
Posting Category Digital Media
About Us At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
E! is the only global, multiplatform brand for all things pop culture. The network is currently available to 91 million cable and satellite subscribers in the U.S. "E! News" airs nightly on the network and delivers breaking entertainment news and pop culture coverage 24/7 across all digital and social platforms. E! programming includes popular series "Keeping Up with the Kardashians," "Total Divas," "#RichKids of Beverly Hills," "Botched," "I Am Cait," “Hollywood Medium with Tyler Henry,” “WAGS,” and "Fashion Police," as well as the network's first original scripted series "The Royals." Additionally, E!'s "Live from the Red Carpet" signature events keep fans connected to their favorite stars on pop culture's biggest nights.
E! News is the global entertainment authority on what’s trending in pop culture, with fully integrated linear and digital platforms that reach 200+ million fans a month on television, online, mobile, social and VOD. E! News informs and entertains its audience 24/7 on the network’s digital platforms, including the E! News website (www.eonline.com), the leading entertainment and pop culture site for fashion-forward, trend-setting millenial women, and across all E! social channels with a highly engaged audience. Additionally, “E! News” airs nightly at 7:00 and 11:00pm ET/PT on E! and provides a curated look of the day’s “must-know” entertainment stories, including celebrities, fashion, sports, music, TV and more, reaching more female millennials than any other entertainment news competitor. E! News is a proven leader in multiplatform content creation and innovation for all platforms, with custom content tailored to each screen, making the brand the go-to destination and millennial voice for breaking pop culture news and information.
Country United States
City Universal City
• Bachelor's Degree
• 1-3 years of experience in social media or digital content space
• Demonstrable experience identifying shareable/viral content: pop culture expert fluent in what's trending and always plugged in to latest conversations
• Experience with SocialFlow, CrowdTangle, plus thorough understanding of Facebook/Twitter/Instagram insights preferred
• Able to work weekends or evenings occasionally
• Excellent writing skills and a sharp wit - quick with a brand-appropriate Twitter joke or pop culturally relevant Instagram caption
• Ability to abide by and enforce E!’s social media brand guidelines
• Effective communication and experience working across multiple departments
• Excellent organization and time management skills with initiative
• A blend of collaborative skills as well as being an independent self-starter
• Flexible and has ability to shift gears quickly between multiple campaigns and projects managed.
• Cool under pressure and a pleasant while professional demeanor, both in the office and when interacting with talent for celebrity social activations on-location when assigned
• A good eye for content composition, either self-generated/created or professionally sourced
• Must love pop culture and all things entertainment news
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.