NBC Universal Specialist, Talent Development in Universal City, California
Job Number 41057BR
Job Title Specialist, Talent Development
Business Segment Parks & Resorts
Sub-Business USH Human Resources
Posting Category Human Resources
About Us Universal Studios Hollywood is the Entertainment Capital of L.A. featuring a movie-based theme park and Studio Tour, and bridged by Universal CityWalk, a dynamic entertainment, shopping and dining complex. Universal Studios Hollywood is an industry leader due to its impressive talent base of highly creative professionals who inspire and produce compelling entertainment and innovative attractions that immerse guests in an authentic Hollywood experience. Universal Studios Hollywood’s team of professionals enjoys a unique culture where fun, hard work and high-quality results are priority, resulting in an employee base that is proud to work here. The company offers equally unique opportunities for employees to expand their careers within Universal Studios Hollywood, Universal Parks & Resorts, and the broader NBCUniversal family. It’s a big universe, where do you fit in?
Country United States
City Universal City
• Bachelor’s Degree in Instructional Systems Development, Communications, Education, or related area.
• Effective training and presentation skills
• Prior experience with design, creation and implementation of training.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office suite: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher and Outlook
• Flexibility and Adapts to changing conditions and challenges, seeking opportunities to drive innovation
• Seeks best practice in Talent Development and encourages others to look at problems in a new way.
• Has managed people
• Ability to prioritize, think independently and problem solve to ensure projects are completed in an effective/timely manner
• Ability to work with others and collaborate across the organization to achieve goals
• Self-starter, motivated and proactive
• Strong organization and planning skills, detail oriented, and ability to handle multiple tasks and assignments
• Excellent verbal and written communication
• Ideal candidate demonstrates accountability, thinks critically and demonstrates courage when presenting ideas
• Can easily multi task and manage multiple projects
• Flexibility with their schedule with availability to work on weekends, holidays and nights as required
• Professional and personable with the ability to exercise sound judgment when dealing with sensitive/confidential matters
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.