NBC Universal Sr. Manager, Operational Staffing in Universal City, California
Job Number 38549BR
Job Title Sr. Manager, Operational Staffing
Business Segment Parks & Resorts
Sub-Business USH Human Resources
Posting Category Human Resources
About Us Universal Studios Hollywood is the Entertainment Capital of L.A. featuring a movie-based theme park and Studio Tour, and bridged by Universal CityWalk, a dynamic entertainment, shopping and dining complex. Universal Studios Hollywood is an industry leader due to its impressive talent base of highly creative professionals who inspire and produce compelling entertainment and innovative attractions that immerse guests in an authentic Hollywood experience. Universal Studios Hollywood’s team of professionals enjoys a unique culture where fun, hard work and high-quality results are priority, resulting in an employee base that is proud to work here. The company offers equally unique opportunities for employees to expand their careers within Universal Studios Hollywood, Universal Parks & Resorts, and the broader NBCUniversal family. It’s a big universe, where do you fit in?
We are seeking an innovative, experienced and results-driven Senior Manager to develop, execute and implement effective Operational Staffing strategies and plans in support of Universal Studios Hollywood’s Operational Staffing needs and projected growth.
Reporting to the VP of Human Resources, this position is responsible for developing and leading entry-level, skilled Recruiters and Onboarding team to ensure an effective and timely recruitment process for all entry-level park positions and City Walk operations. This position is also responsible for the strategic oversight and execution of the applicant tracking system, recruitment marketing that attracts top-quality talent and onboarding.
Country United States
City Universal City
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience required.
• 8+ years of recruitment and staff management. Knowledge of high volume recruiting, interviewing and selection processes required.
• Proven experience managing a team and developing others.
• Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing recruitment strategies, marketing plans and programs.
• Display knowledge of principles and procedures for recruitment, selection, training, compensation and benefits, labor relations and negotiation, and HRIS systems.
• Familiarity with specialized sourcing strategies E.g. online social networking, to proactively build candidate pipelines to meet business needs.
• Experience in theme park, hospitality or retail industry is highly preferred.
• Excellent leadership/interpersonal skills to establish and maintain effective relationships at all levels of the organization.
• Demonstrated knowledge of workforce planning and partnering with business leaders.
• Hands-on, self-starter with managerial experience
• Experience building consensus and integrating processes and procedures across multiple decision-makers in a hybrid corporate structure.
• Able to deal with immediate priorities while anticipating and planning for strategic future needs
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to influence and leverage the organization through knowledge, being savvy, having grace under pressure and confidence.
• Success in developing and negotiating major vendor relationships
• Excellent presentation, communication and organizational skills. Hands on, self-starter.
• Aptitude for adopting and handling immediate priorities while anticipating and planning for future needs.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.