NBC Universal VP, Technology & Broadcasting Engineering in Universal City, California
Job Number 40004BR
Job Title VP, Technology & Broadcasting Engineering
Business Segment Owned Stations & Affiliate Relations
Sub-Business NBCUOTS - KNBC
Posting Category Technology/Engineering
About Us At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
Country United States
City Universal City
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered.
• Must be willing to work in Universal City, CA
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• BS in Engineering or equivalent experience.
• 10 years of proven broadcast engineering management experience.
• Must be a self-starter with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively manage and delegate
• Demonstrated skills in project management, broadcast production, engineering, finance and labor relations.
• Expert knowledge in all things broadcast television, not limited to the following; broadcast technology, information technology, IP video systems, production operations and newsroom systems
• Proven track record supporting a high-end news organization
• Prior television station experience desired.
• Superior communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Experienced with labor relations and collective bargaining negotiations
• Proven track record as a manager of large teams with proven ability to grow and nurture team members.
• Ability to effectively prioritize and manage competing efforts and deadlines on a continuous basis.
• Ability to create and drive a strategic plan for developing internal talent
• Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.