NBC Universal Segment Producer, Meet The Press Daily in Washington, District Of Columbia
Job Number 40945BR
Job Title Segment Producer, Meet The Press Daily
Business Segment NBC News and MSNBC
Posting Category TV Content & Production
About Us At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBC Universal is one of the world's leading media and entertainment companies. We develop, produce and market entertainment, news and information to a global market. NBC Universal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks.
Built on the worldwide resources of NBC News, MSNBC defines news for the next generation with world-class reporting and a full schedule of live news coverage, political analysis and award-winning documentary programming – 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Country United States
State District of Columbia
City Washington, D.C.
Basic Qualification/ Eligibility Requirements:
• Must have at least 5 years of experience in live television news, politics or political journalism
• Must be willing and able to work flexible hours including occasional weekends, under tight deadline pressure, including breaking news
• Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Political Science, History or related field
• Must be willing to work in Washington DC
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Thorough knowledge of American politics
• Exceptional editorial skills: Ability to recognize stories with high potential for provocative, compelling television
• Knowledge of current events, politics and pop culture. Up to date on periodicals, including Op-Eds
• Possess ability to develop story ideas and angles, research, and plan segments
• Write and produce segments with speed and error free in newsroom environment
• Ability to "book" guests, and work with graphics and video elements
• Prior experience covering the Presidential election cycles
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.